• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Stereo/Speaker Question

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was riding around in the boat the other day and my 4-year old mentioned that the front left speaker was not working. I took the cover off and unscrewed the speaker, it was still connected, fade and balance were correct, so...

Could it be blown or something else? Usually when i blow a speaker i get fuzzy distortion, but i can tell there is power. On this, i get nothing.

Again, other 3 speakers in boat are working

Bad connection somewhere else or blown speaker?

Take that suspect speaker over to one of the working speakers, disconnect the wires from the working speaker, connect to the suspect speaker, and see if the suspect speaker works. If the speaker is good then you have a bad wire/connector between the stereo head or amp and the speaker.

Move that speaker to a know working one and see what you get. Normally there is some fuzzyness before it goes completely out but you never know. Also, if you try and move the cone by hand, is it nice and smooth and easy to move or does it grind and is tough?

what they said...or have your 4 yr old sit right there and sing so you get stereo!

Take that suspect speaker over to one of the working speakers, disconnect the wires from the working speaker, connect to the suspect speaker, and see if the suspect speaker works. If the speaker is good then you have a bad wire/connector between the stereo head or amp and the speaker.

Good idea... thanks

I wi
what they said...or have your 4 yr old sit right there and sing so you get stereo!
To be honest, I was so impressed a 4 year old knew the speaker wasn't working that i didn't even care that it wasn't

I too have a speaker that is not working. I swapped it with the opposite speaker which proved that it is the speaker itself that has failed. I looked and the part # is F0R-U8192-30-00 but they want $86.49 for the thing. That's outrageous, and they seem to be out of stock and discontinued almost everywhere.

Does anyone know about a replacement for this original speaker? I want the white plastic grill to fit on any new speaker I'd buy.

I see the 2007 version (my boat is 2006) has part # F1T-U8192-00-00 and is $55.32 which is at least a little easier to stomach. Does anyone have a clue if that speaker will work with my Sony head unit?

We really don't use the stereo much at all, but I hate it when anything doesn't work at home, on the cars, or the boat.

Lemme check my garage. I have factory sets from 2005. Might be the same.

I too have a speaker that is not working. I swapped it with the opposite speaker which proved that it is the speaker itself that has failed. I looked and the part # is F0R-U8192-30-00 but they want $86.49 for the thing. That's outrageous, and they seem to be out of stock and discontinued almost everywhere.

Does anyone know about a replacement for this original speaker? I want the white plastic grill to fit on any new speaker I'd buy.

I see the 2007 version (my boat is 2006) has part # F1T-U8192-00-00 and is $55.32 which is at least a little easier to stomach. Does anyone have a clue if that speaker will work with my Sony head unit?

We really don't use the stereo much at all, but I hate it when anything doesn't work at home, on the cars, or the boat.

I may have a set from my 2008. I'll check too.Probably the same.

Here's what I got:
Anybody who needs them shoot me a PM.
image.jpg

I've got all 4. I put them in the box of the new speakers I installed. I guess I thought they would come in handy one day. PM me too.

DSC_7804.JPG

Once again the community comes through. I'll check the back of the speaker to see if it matches any of those posted.

Thanks all.
John

To the OP jlcj7 sorry for hyjacking your thread. I was doing a search for "speaker" when I found this thread.

Have you swapped speakers to see if your problem is the speaker or something else?

John

Thats John...always considerate!

Back