• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo Talk, always upgrading B.O.A.T

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The time has come to do an amp upgrade to give my speakers their full potential. For those that don't know my current setup I'll go ahead and list that first.
(6) WS xs650 100 rms each
(4) WS revo 8 150 rms each
(2) WS rev 8 tower 200 rms each
(1) WS revo 12 hp s4-bv2 sub 500 rms

(1) WS htx6 amp bridged 300 rms X 3 running the sub and towers (good for the towers, to low for the sub)

(1) JL m600/6 75 rms X 6 running the 6 650's ( sounds good but these speakers can be pushed way harder )

(1) RF m400-4 75 rms X 4 running the 4 revo 8's ( these are way underpowered )

Now I put some thought into the new amps and I can replace all (3) of my current amps with (2) wet sound SYN-DX 6 amps. I will lose the swim deck 6.5 speaker hookup but we dont really hear them with the towers anyway.

1 amp bridged will give my towers 400 rms each and my sub 600 watts ( leaves room to upgrade to 10s later )

1 amp will give the bow and stern 6.5's 125 rms each and the bow and helm area revo 8's will each get 150 watts rms. This will give each speaker their full potential. Hopefully the amps are here by Friday and I'll give a update this weekend.

Screenshot_20200609-114742_Chrome.jpg

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sounds like a great project. You had some really high quality amps already, where you happy with them (except for the power of course)?

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like a great project. You had some really high quality amps already, where you happy with them (except for the power of course)?
Totally happy with the JL and WS but the Rockford had 2 channels that stopped working and that's what had me looking into my system. When I orginally setup my stereo I was excited having a new boat and installing a nice system and did not pair up my speakers to my amps. So now I am. My advice to anyone upgrading their stereos is to first pick out all your speakers then match the rms power to the amps.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What do you think of the Polk amps? My boat came with a 5-channel stock and I’ve since added 2 more 4-channel amps (got them really cheap). 2 of 3 needed to be repaired which I did over the winter but I’ve been debating with myself whether it’s worth putting any more money into them. I’ve pretty much concluded that if I have any more problems I’m going to go to JL or WS amps.

I have a JL sub, WS soundbar and 8 polk speakers.

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So, curious if you're going to run any of the cabin speakers in parallel, and if so, which ones? Unless I missed something, I counted 4 pairs of speakers (4X6.5's and 4X8's, not including the swim deck), for a total of 8 speakers to be driven by one of your new SYN-DX 6 amps.

Anyway, great hardware choices. That boat is going to rock.

Jeff

Last edited:

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, curious if you're going to run any of the cabin speakers in parallel, and if so, which ones? Unless I missed something, I counted 4 pairs of speakers (4X6.5's and 4X8's, not including the swim deck), for a total of 8 speakers to be driven by one of your new SYN-DX 6 amps.

Anyway, great hardware choices. That boat is going to rock.

Jeff
Thinking about running the 4 6.5" in parallel on channels 1 and 2 and the 4 8" in parallel on 5 and 6. Do you know of a better way?

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can't say it's better, but maybe run the 4X6.5's on 5 and 6 in parallel (not sure of the output of those two channels at 2 ohms) and then the 4x8's with each on their own channel on 1-4?

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can't say it's better, but maybe run the 4X6.5's on 5 and 6 in parallel (not sure of the output of those two channels at 2 ohms) and then the 4x8's with each on their own channel on 1-4?
I just contacted wet sounds about the best setup for the 8 speakers. I'll let you know what they say.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got done talking with wet sounds about the syn-dx6 amp running the 4 650s and the 4 revo 8s. With this amp I can run channels 1-4 with the 650s at 4 ohms getting 125 rms each and I can run the revo 8s on 5-6 in parallel at 2 ohms getting 150 rms each.
Then in the other syn-dx6 run in 3 channel mode giving the rev 10s 400 rms each and the sub 600 rms. So these amps are a huge upgrade from the htx series allowing you to configure your system in multiple different ways. Everything is showing a FedEx delivery today so I'm hoping to get the install completed and videos up by this weekend.