• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stero upgrade question

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I plan on keeping my Clarion head unit and the 4 stock speakers (for this year), can I add the following to my boat to increase the sound level and clarity while underway on plane? I'm on a pretty tight budget for the boat this year ($2000 for upgrades) and I just dropped $725 on the deluxe moorning cover and a few safety items for the Bimini trip, so what I have left over to spend is what i was able to find on Amazon. Do you guys think this a good combo and should work for what I am wanting to accomplish? not trying to be the loudest boat on the water, I would just like a little louder and clearer while on plane.
2 Rockford Fosgate M400-D4 Marine 4 Channel Amplifiers - $213.99 each - Amazon
Rockford Fosgate M2 M210S4 Marine-Grade 10-Inch 500-Watt Subwoofer - $182.60 Amazon
Rockford Fosgate M282B-WAKE M2 Wakeboard 8-Inch Tower Speaker - $385.25 Amazon
Rockford Fosgate RFK1 1/0 AWG Power Only Install Kit - $126.32

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just found basicly what i was asking on another thread, so sorry for posting a near duplicate question. I'm going to pull the triger and order the above equipment, now if only i can find someone to help with the install

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would for go the install kit and buy what you need, rarely is the wireing long enough in those kits for boats.. other than that I have just about that same setup so if you got any questions ask away..

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
good advice, thanks

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What will you drive the subs with, the 4 channel? What about the tower speakers?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ran the boat speakers on one 4 channel amp, and the towers and sub on the other.. I think he is getting two amps..

I may rewire mine per a suggestion to the boat speakers and sub on one amp and the tower speakers bridged on the other one.. I got a 600w and a 400W though..