• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

stiff throttle controls on 242

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
anyone know how to make the throttle controls more fluid.. mine are very tight/stiff..

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would disconnect them from the buckets to help determine if the buckets are stiff and then disconnect the cables from the throttle to help isolate if it's the cable themselves or the throttle assy.

I know in the FAQ we have the pictures for the disassembly of the classic boats but I think somebody posted a one for the newer models also

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
didn't you say you also had to adjust or reset the servos on the PP ? maybe both issues were connected and somebody messed with the PP trying to loosen the throttles up ?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I orginally thought it might be the frozen servos for the PP, but all of that is velvety smooth.. its gotta be in the cables or the controls..

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if the stiffness caused the servos to go out ?? I don't think we ever heard of anybody having servo issues on PP.

I think I would disconnect it all to confirm where the stiffness is coming from and if it is the cable track it to make sure it didn't get kinked somewhere,

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took the servo's apart, they were full of rust.. PP thinks they got wet..