• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stop steering and open service valve of pump

Jaime Cummins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thank you. Fixed the bolts and steers but I can’t use the drive system and I still have this error. Any suggestions?

Attachments

Msbards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I took my 2022 212SD on the water for the first time last weekend. I was not able to change to DRiVE mode. Today, I got the same check engine light warning as Jaime. The boat‘s steering is not a problem, acceleration is not an issue and the engines sound fine. Are the problems related? Any suggestion?

jayman1234

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have a 2022 255xd that is showing similiar issues as Msbards. The boat will not enter drive mode, and if used in no wake mode it will throw this same steering failure error. has been happening since first put in the water 4 weeks ago. It’s been at the dealer now for 2 weeks. They updated software and have been consukting with Yamah without resolution. Any recommendations?

Jeff H

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I took my 2022 212SD on the water for the first time last weekend. I was not able to change to DRiVE mode. Today, I got the same check engine light warning as Jaime. The boat‘s steering is not a problem, acceleration is not an issue and the engines sound fine. Are the problems related? Any suggestion?
Just curious if you found a solution or any more info. I also have a 212SD and am having the same issue. Thanks

jayman1234

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My 255xd that had this issue turned out to be a loose ground wire in a bus bar.

Msbards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Just curious if you found a solution or any more info. I also have a 212SD and am having the same issue. Thanks

I wasn’t using both batteries (starter and house). When I turned on both batteries I was able to use Drive mode.