• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Storing outside

Shady

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have boat covered, no leaking but we’re getting insane amount of rain in TN. I got inside the boat today and things are very damp. What you you all do to prevent moisture? I bought moisture rid things at Lowe’s today but doubt they’ll be enough. I would put dehumidifier in but boat is too far away from a plug.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you using the shipping cover or the premium?

You may be surprised how much moisture damp rid will absorb! When I put them in a seemingly dry storage compartment they will still pull water from lord only knows where.

We've had a ton of rain here as well. Lots of flooding. Creeks are now rivers and rivers are now pushing more water than they can handle. Expected to get another 2-4" this weekend but it's been raining so much for like over a month the ground simply can't take so much as a spit on it before flooding over.

Shady

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m using premium cover, i have 2 small containers and 1 large container in there, going to check it in cpl days and see how its going. They were recommended by other boat owners so maybe they’ll be good enough or maybe just need cpl more

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you have the shipping cover as well? It has a more weatherproof outer layer than the premium cover. I put one container in each storage compartment but I garage store mine. You might need more and even some in the cockpit.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With this heavy rain weather might be a good idea to buy a cheap tarp and put it over your cover. Won't look pretty but it should help keep water out at least better than just the premium cover material by itself. Frogs are probably dying here it's that much rain lol and I'm sure you guys are getting the same stuff. Crazy rain!!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We have had a ton on rain here in the Houston area also. Normally my boat is under cover, but since we are building a new boathouse it is outside. It is covered with the OEM cover and I keep a dehumidifier in it all the time. No issues at all with dampness or mildew.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m using premium cover, i have 2 small containers and 1 large container in there, going to check it in cpl days and see how its going. They were recommended by other boat owners so maybe they’ll be good enough or maybe just need cpl more
All those Yamaha covers leak a bit, premium and factory. I would double up with a large generic cover or a tarp as suggested above.
Also prop the trailer jack witht he bow up high (cinder block or similar will do) otherwise water will accumulate in the bilge and bottom of the engine compartment, will not drain.

--

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
fd5d99a2-afb1-4f2f-b4f0-1590b1fe9abe_1.f53738ab77bf12a8eef339608390fe0b.jpeg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You don't want to tightly wrap the boat in the tarp if you go that route as the tarp doesn't breath you will come back to your boat with the entire interior covered in mildew. If you use a tarp you will want to use it as more of a tent style set up so your cover underneath can still breath.

Shady

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the damp rid is what I have in there currently. I am going to see how it works. I will grab a tarp today and cover it.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the Yamaha cover for my FSH and was not happy it only came in black, because it is always so hot inside when it sits in the sun. Witch it does every day it is sunny out. But the benefit is it dries everything out completely.