• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Strange projection in my hood (Scarab 165/ 63 Hours)...

Divouneh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I have some deposits on my hood, it's coming each time I am using the boat.
This is what you could have after 2 hours on the water.
It look like water but the black spots ? Not particules.
It's not oil, coolant: my cooling fluid level is not moving.
5 minutes after leaving the dock, always less than 3000 rpm due to no wake zone, you can see what I have in my tape.
Did someone had this ?
As my boat is new (delivered in may 24), I went to the dealership workshop, they said run the boat... However I need to find why it's happen. :(
( I was suspecting the exhaust cooling water pump, but it's not :rolleyes:).
My motor is a basic 170hp without any turbo...

Image 1.jpg
DSCF0004.JPG

I don't have an answer. But I recommend you run the engine with the hood open and watch visually next time you're on the water. Hopefully you'll see where it's coming from. I've never seen something like this.

Back