• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sub not working on 5 channel amp

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi all,

I am a running a Pioneer GM-D9605 class D 5 channel amp in my 07 SX230 with stock head until and Clarion EQS755. I am running 6 JL MX650 (4 on the front channels and 2 on the rear channels) and an Audiopipe TXXBD210 sub at 2 ohms (600watts RMS). I have had this setup for about 2 years now. The problem I am having is that when we start our day the sub will come on and fire normally but after a random amount of time it goes silent. The JL speakers on the front and rear channels continue to work just fine. The sub will continue to be off all day. If we come back the next day the sub will work then turn off again after a random amount of time. I have tried to change out the EQ and it still worked the same. I still need to do some more trouble shooting but wanted to reach out to see if anyone has encountered this type of issue.

Thanks!