• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Subwoofer in AR192 - Again!

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Last winter I had installed a MTX subwoofer and rockville amp. The subwoofers fit in the back driver-side compartment of my AR192 and it had an insane amount of bass. I kept the remote at 1/2 volume all the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JECAM2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YOAEPR6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One day the subwoofers sounded really bad. The moisture had its way through the MDF enclosure, wet the cones of the speakers, and the cones broke. So I removed the subwoofers and went back to brainstorming. I decided to try this kicker subwoofer.

Amazon.com: Kicker 45CWTB82 8" Weather-Proof Loaded Enclosure: Car Electronics

The sound is better then the twin 12" that it replaces. Perfect fitment under the bench seat and there's room to add more. The only custom work was that I had 3D Printed a 1" spacer to support the bottom of the speaker. Not the best video because it came from my Instagram story. So you need to trust me that the bass is strong.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• 20190929_173137.jpg
    20190929_173137.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
  • 20190929_173316.jpg
    20190929_173316.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20190929_173145.jpg
    20190929_173145.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
Nice. I got a buddy looking into a tube instead of typical subs. I'm gonna send him this

What holds the 3D printed piece in place? Glue? Gravity and Friction?

Very interested in this. Typically the only thing under our seat is our awesome slim cooler, and shoes so we should have space to put a little tube sub in there.

Can't tell from the Amazon listing right off. Does this require it's own amp or is the amp included?

Very interested in this. Typically the only thing under our seat is our awesome slim cooler, and shoes so we should have space to put a little tube sub in there.

Can't tell from the Amazon listing right off. Does this require it's own amp or is the amp included?

Its an interference fit. The subwoofer is a little sloped down so I pushed the 3d printed part in until it was tight. The original metal brackets are likely strong enough, but I have a 3D printer and wanted to add something.

It needs its own amp. It is a passive sub though. So I bet it sounds good

Sorry I didn't see your question. I coupled it with the amplifier linked below. It's a 5 channel, 75Wx4 and 500Wx1 RMS ratings. So I have the amp just below the factory stereo, feeding all 4 speakers and then 500W to the subwoofer. The subwoofer is rated 300W RMS so it provides plenty. If you want the option of adding another subwoofer, then you should find a amplifier with 600W RMS

Amazon.com: Rockville Rxd-m0 1200 Watt/600W RMS Mono Class D 1 Ohm Amplifier Car Audio Amp: Audiosavings

The interesting thing is that there is 2 subwoofers on this tube. Kicker says "The enclosure includes a 8" subwoofer and a second passive sub (called a "passive radiator") which reacts to the air pressure produced by the active sub, creating lots more bass without any port noise."

@I_squared_r Thanks for the info. That might be the setup I go with then.

I've been trying to figure out how I wanted to power 4 replacement speakers and a sub. A single amp that "does it all" is the kind of simplicity I like. Same for the sub, nice tight, clean installation without much cutting/hacking, or storage space taken up.

Only issue I'm having now is finding a money tree to fund all my mods :D

I am using the same sub setup in my 2019 AR195 except I have the 10" and its mounted front to rear instead of side to side like you have. I like how you used the brackets, I may look into doing that!

For some reason women fight over who gets to sit on the bench.

I am using the same sub setup in my 2019 AR195 except I have the 10" and its mounted front to rear instead of side to side like you have. I like how you used the brackets, I may look into doing that!

For some reason women fight over who gets to sit on the bench.

Does the 10" sit on the floor? I wasn't sure about the 10" fitting there.

Does the 10" sit on the floor? I wasn't sure about the 10" fitting there.

Kind of lol. You have to take out the pipe and then the seat sits on top of the sub tube. I am not overly impressed with the setup now that I've been using it for a few months just due to the nature of how the bass radiates, some places in the boat its very weak and other places it sounds great. May be taking this out and trying an IB sub or 2

Kind of lol. You have to take out the pipe and then the seat sits on top of the sub tube. I am not overly impressed with the setup now that I've been using it for a few months just due to the nature of how the bass radiates, some places in the boat its very weak and other places it sounds great. May be taking this out and trying an IB sub or 2

Either we have different expectations or its the orientation. I have the 8" facing outwards and i'm satisfied with it. Did you try it that way?

And on another note, I finally bought the ao cooler that fits under the bench and it fits perfectly with the subwoofer. Still some room to put shoes too

Either we have different expectations or its the orientation. I have the 8" facing outwards and i'm satisfied with it. Did you try it that way?

And on another note, I finally bought the ao cooler that fits under the bench and it fits perfectly with the subwoofer. Still some room to put shoes too

Im pretty sure we have different expectations. I could turn it but then the I would feel the bass in the opposite areas lol. I do think this thing would be perfect for my car so that's partially why I want to go IB for the boat.

Back