• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Summer upgrades

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20180313_115817.jpg So, my current setup (minus the headunit) consists of: 1 JBL MA6004 amp and a Kenwood M3001 subwoofer amp. 2 Kenwood KFC-2053MRW 8" coaxials, 2 Kenwood KFC-1653MRW 6.5 coaxials, and 1 Rockford Fosgate RM110D2 10"Sub running at 2 ohms.

My new plan is to replace the JBL with a Rockford Fosgate M600-4D and replacing the remaining 6.5's for 8". Also, adding a Kenwood KAC-M3004 amp and moving 2 of the 6.5's to the bow. I'm also going to try and make up something to get a couple 6.5's on the rear, since I don't have a tower to hang speakers on.

MY WIFE IS GONNA HATE ME!! LOL!!!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Look forward to the build.... do you have a picture of your swim platform where you want to mount the speakers?

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Still trying to figure that out. 6.5's are a bit big for back there. I'v got a couple ideas I'll keep you posted.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those look great @Marvin willis. I think that may be what I go with. That size would work perfect.

For being such an inexpensive speaker, how do they sound? Do you have an amp connected to them?

Last edited:

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, after thinking about it for a little while. Here's what I decided to go with. They are 5.25" Boss Audio mr52w's. I realize they may not be as high quality speakers as most of you would go for, but they will work with my budget system and will get me a little sound out back. Thanks for the idea @Marvin willis.
I really wish I could have made the Kenwood 6.5" speakers that I already have work, but there just isn't enough room for them back there.
mr52w.jpg

Last edited: