• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sunday Was my 5-Year Anniversary

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, not with the Wife. We celebrated 20 years in June.

I'm talking about the boat! 5 years ago Sunday we dragged her home.

Alas, I spent most of Sunday at work with a project that was giving us trouble so we couldn't celebrate properly.

This summer has been killing me. We've only been on the water twice. Earlier this year it was cold/wet weather. Then work. Then out of town for training. Then non-boating vacation visits to family (the price you pay for moving away). Now it's work again. I don't think I've been through a full tank of gas yet.

I really wanted this to be a good boating year. My oldest is 15. Next year she'll probably have a job so that will be one more thing to try to schedule our boating around - and there will be times she just won't get to go. So I wanted to get out as much as we could while we are all still around. Unfortunately it turned into a Bummer Summer.

I'm hoping we can still pull it out of the fire, but school starts on the first and I'll be out of town (work) for a few days between now and then so the window for boating is closing fast. We'll shoot for some September weekends if we can, but the weather will start closing in soon after that.

All that said, I have no thoughts of selling. (Well maybe occasionally but they are fleeting.) I figure it's like a handgun. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. ;)

(And YES, this is my annual official "I don't get to use my boat enough" thread. The place wouldn't be the same without it. :p)

Congrats! Hope everything works out at work. Today is my 12 year aniversary. With the wife. Unfortunately I havnt been able the marry a boat yet. Eventually!

Happy belated 5th ;)

@biglar155 , I know all too well what you are going through - as do many of our members, I'm sure.

Know this, there are still many good times in store for you and your family. Be patient. At least you aren't kept from your boat due to catastrophic injury or illness.

You are working diligently for the benefit of your family, you live in the greatest country on earth ( I strongly believe that) The time will come when you and your wife will have more spare time on your hands then you know what to do with.

Get in a trip here and there, when you can. Kids do grow up, go to school, move away perhaps...but it's always been my experience that they come back (like cats - if you feed them)

We just had a wonderful trip with just my wife and I and one of our kids - who we don't get to see but on holidays and special occasions.

I am looking forward to a couple of more trips before switching to dirt, October is my favorite time of year on the water.

Hang in there and Congrats on #5 :winkingthumbsup"

Congrats @biglar155 !

Barbie and I are celebrating our 46th 30 days from today.

I told her as a "BIG GIFT" I was buying her a boat.

She laughed. She should not have.

LOL !

Take Care, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:
Congrats @biglar155 !

Barbie and I are celebrating our 46th 30 days from today.

I told her as a "BIG GIFT" I was buying her a boat.

She laughed. She should not have.

LOL !

Take Care, Mikey

Yeah, they always think you're kidding: Until you're not! :D

@biglar155 , I know all too well what you are going through - as do many of our members, I'm sure.

Know this, there are still many good times in store for you and your family. Be patient. At least you aren't kept from your boat due to catastrophic injury or illness.

You are working diligently for the benefit of your family, you live in the greatest country on earth ( I strongly believe that) The time will come when you and your wife will have more spare time on your hands then you know what to do with.

Get in a trip here and there, when you can. Kids do grow up, go to school, move away perhaps...but it's always been my experience that they come back (like cats - if you feed them)

We just had a wonderful trip with just my wife and I and one of our kids - who we don't get to see but on holidays and special occasions.

I am looking forward to a couple of more trips before switching to dirt, October is my favorite time of year on the water.

Hang in there and Congrats on #5 :winkingthumbsup"

Yeah, I'm usually a "Glass Half Full" kind of guy with this kind of stuff. I agree - no injury or illness keeping us down and we live in the Land of Opportunity.

Autumn is actually my favorite time of year, I just wish it didn't mean the end of the Boating Season.

Back