• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Superjet fiberglass cracks!!!

Rowdieguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
I purchased a brand new 2023 Superjet out of the crate and put about 6 hours on the ski before winterizing it. While I was looking for any remaining water in the engine compartment, I discovered cracks in the fiberglass near the back left motor mount (if the rider is looking forward standing on the ski). I spent 11 hours dropping the ski off and picking it back up from the dealership as they were going to have the rep out to look at the cracks. Instead, they only took more of the same pictures I had sent them 8 months earlier and never had the rep come out. Yamaha says the cracks are cosmetic and they won’t do anything to remedy the situation. Ray C’s Extreme in Lapeer, MI won’t stand behind it either, as of now. Hours of engine vibration and wave impacts over the years will no doubt make these cracks larger and cause problems. I wouldn’t sell the unit without disclosing these cracks to a buyer and I can’t imagine anyone in their right mind buying the machine after they are made aware of this. The dealer didn’t disclose the cracks; if they had, I never would have purchased the ski. Please check your Superjet and let me know if you have the same issue. This dealership is 3 for 3 for having cracked units that I’m aware of. Thank you for letting me know.

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I don't know much about fiberglass, but they do look very "on the surface" to me... I would for sure stay on Yamaha's a** though.