• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surf City NC Soundside Park Boat Ramp

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am reasonably sure you can’t leave a vehicle/trailer there overnight ... I have been to the park during the day on many occasions and don’t believe they permit vehicles overnight. But only 95% confident in my answer. Some contacts that might help are found at:

http://www.surfcitync.gov/2176/Parks-Recreation

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am reasonably sure you can’t leave a vehicle/trailer there overnight ... I have been to the park during the day on many occasions and don’t believe they permit vehicles overnight. But only 95% confident in my answer. Some contacts that might help are found at:

http://www.surfcitync.gov/2176/Parks-Recreation
The NC Wildlife Website says their ramps are 24 hour access and this is listed as one of theirs so I'm assuming I'm good to go on that part.

"North Carolina has more than 200 free, 24-hour public Boating Access Areas managed by the Wildlife Resources Commission. Find them here."

https://www.ncwildlife.org/Boating/Boating-in-North-Carolina

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
B8A63D2E-151C-40CB-8606-EEBB682C6C5E.jpeg
My worry is that the ramp is located at the back of the property (playground, event stage), that the town of Surf City maintains. I believe (again not entirely sure), that the Town might close it’s Park entrance at night. I’d make the call to Surf City Parks, just to double check and for surprise avoidance. Good luck!

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
View attachment 80242
My worry is that the ramp is located at the back of the property (playground, event stage), that the town of Surf City maintains. I believe (again not entirely sure), that the Town might close it’s Park entrance at night. I’d make the call to Surf City Parks, just to double check and for surprise avoidance. Good luck!
I had dinner last weekend with a friend who lives in Surf City and he said when they finish that bridge they are going to sink the old bridge as a diving attraction... have you all heard about this?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 80242
it def never hurts to call and check I will do so thanks!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ilmmct since you have been there assuming 24 parking is allowed is it somewhere you would feel ok leaving your car at overnight?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@robert843, the Park is close to shopping areas and is on the main thoroughfare onto the island. I used to live on Topsail Island and believe it would be safe to leave a vehicle overnight. @Joshua Miller, I don’t know the final outcome of the Swing Bridge ... one of my favorite parts of the island history:

https://www.ourstate.com/surf-city-swing-bridge/

Top Bottom