• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surf gate

Jimmy gillmore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2013 242 and was wanting to order a Yamaha surf package but the all say for 2015 and higher what is the difference. What do I need to get

I believe its 2017 and higher cause I'm not able to get Yamahas package, but you'll find on here that you have better options.

I have a 2013 242 and was wanting to order a Yamaha surf package but the all say for 2015 and higher what is the difference. What do I need to get
To answer your question, our hull has the tie down loops in a different location than the newer hull 242's. Go Wake Wedge and be happier with the wave.

We wondered the same thing, so we purchased the Yamaha Wake Booster and found out that the bow ties are mounted/located differently than the 2015+ models. The bow ties are also a smaller diameter and will not accept the pin to lock it in place. We're currently working on a template off the wake booster to have one fabricated for ours, along with a pin that'll secure it in place. We then hop to experiment with it this summer (2022). We also went out and purchased a Wake Wedge, and are still experimenting/dialing it in to achieve that perfect surf wake.

Back