• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Swim ladder...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone take theirs off yet? Mine is toast and I will need to replace it but I don't know if Yamaha glassed backing plates in or through bolted it. Just trying to figure out if it is a 5 min change out or a 5 hour...

If it is like the older boats the threads/nuts are imbedded in the fiberglass. Simple remove the 4 bolts and the ladder comes off.

Mine was wrecked thanks to a larger family member putting a lot of weight on it. However, 30 minutes with a dremel and I was able to widen the channel, and it works like a champ again. Not sure how wrecked yours is, but it may be covered under warranty, I've heard the ladder manufacturer is great to work with.

I straightened it and then the second someone steps on it it is tough to slide again. I will try to get it warranted through my dealer and meanwhile when I get home I will take a grinder to it.

I had the same problem. The good news is the ladder manufacture has a life time replacement warranty. I'll try to dig up the contact info and post here. I had to send mine in and had the new ladder in about a week.

I straightened it and then the second someone steps on it it is tough to slide again. I will try to get it warranted through my dealer and meanwhile when I get home I will take a grinder to it.

The ladder has a lifetime warranty, if you simply unbolt it and send it to the manufacturer, they will return ship it to you. Mine was bent also, take out four bolts, there are threads "glassed" into the boat that will stay behind and give them a call. Ship it out and they will send you a replacement. If you have the Yamaha warranty I suppose that might be an option also.

It will be faster and easier to just call windine, the mfg. $20 to ship it to them and you will get a new one in a week.

Windline is very easy to work with and do not hassle you about their warranty.

Like the other guys have posted above, Windline has the best warranty in the industry.

My last boat (which I bought used) came with a broken ladder. I researched and found out that Windline made it and was only a few miles away from where I worked. I brought it to them to see if it could be repaired and they came out a few minutes later with a new one. Free of charge. I couldn't believe it!!! So contact them and see what they can do for you before you modify it.

Good luck, hope you get it figured out soon. ;)

Back