• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swim platform Remote issues/advice

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have this remote (kenwood kca-rc107mr). Started with moisture but still worked. Now the buttons light up but nothing works and nothing on the screen. Problem is I flush mounted it and can't replace it with the same unit because it's discontinued. What would you do?

I have this remote (kenwood kca-rc107mr). Started with moisture but still worked. Now the buttons light up but nothing works and nothing on the screen. Problem is I flush mounted it and can't replace it with the same unit because it's discontinued. What would you do?
@Marvin willis I have found that discontinued items are still carried by places or people online if you are still looking for the same item. For instance...I just replaced my ignition switches. Three weeks ago I was told by Yamaha Sports Plaza that the switches for my boat were back ordered, from Yamaha, until the end of July. I found a dealer in Miami that had a pair, which I bought and had in my possession in two days. My advise is to search. They still exist. Post the make and model # and possibly a pic, maybe someone on here can help.

They are available in Europe on eBay.

What is your head unit model? Maybe there is another remote that is comparable. You can use a piece of starboard to cover the existing hole and mount the new remote to.

I couldn't find it on eBay. If I can't find it I have to figure out how to cover the hole and make it look nice

I found it but there's no way my wife is gonna let me pay $50 dollars in shipping. I've only used the stereo maybe 4 times in 2 years. No idea why she doesn't like music on the boat.

You could make a plate out of plexiglass to mount it to to cover the hole. It shouldnt be hard to make it look good if you need to.

I wonder if putting the stereo in a bag or rice is worth a try
If you boat in fresh water it might be worth a try. Salt water?.....its toast already.

Salt of course. I don't know while kenwood changed the design of the remote. It's the same remote but know it's round. So stupid

Does anybody know when I can buy a piece of plastic to make an adapter plate to mount the new round unit ?

Does anybody know when I can buy a piece of plastic to make an adapter plate to mount the new round unit ?
Head to Target and but a small cutting board.

Not a bad idea. I thibking gonna install speakers on the swim deck while I'm installing the new remote

I really need to start proof reading my messages. Anyway....which remote would you buy? kca-rc35mr Or kca-rc55mr. I like the 55 and are already using the same wire to hook it up to but it has terrible reviews. The 35 has great reviews but no screen. Thanks

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. I can install one of the speakers where the remote was and make a new hole for the new remote

I was thinking the same thing but couldn't recall if there is enough room for a speaker from top to bottom in that area.

Back