• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX,AR-195s

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If we didn't have two boys who will want to do all the wake sports in the next couple years then I'd consider the SX for the bigger bimini. However, I was suprised that my wife preferred the AR's J-seating configuration. Those are really the differences:

1) do you have a strong preference for the j-seating for the 2nd chair
2) will wake sports be a big part of your boating experience
3) is the extra bimini coverage a factor for you (not sure how much bigger it is ...).
On the 19' I feel what you lose is size of the bimini you gain by having the bench seat if not more. I actually think you have more useable shade as a result of the bench seat (I hope that makes sense).

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think in the end you will like the J seating I wish my AR240 had it. The passenger seat just stays locked in the rear facing position anyways as it keeps the passenger engaged with the rest of the group on the boat. If later on you decided you hate it you could always switch it out. The only reason I would push AR is resale the are two main groups out there purchasing boats those that must have a tower and those who don't care if it has a tower but will still buy a boat with a tower if that is what they find when you buy an SX you eliminate all most half of your resale options as most of those who want a tower will refuse to buy a boat with out one.

GWC69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Makes good since, I guess will just have to spend that little bit more on the AR.
Like you said we could ad the seat later.

Hopefully I wont have to buy another boat, if my Crown lines interior was not built with wood under everything I would be keeping it but some dumbass thought wood would work and its all rotting out.

I mean it is a 95 but still its gets under your skin to see the vinyl thats still in good shape falling off because there is nothing behind it any more, This boat has been in side or on the water never left it out.

Thanks for all the info . :)

Samson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hey GWC9. Regarding your question about Glastron. I am waiting to close on my lake house before I can finance boat and I was undecided about glastron, yamaha, and scarab. I was waiting on the 2018 Yamaha announcement to see if they offered any stylish interior colors as options vs the boring black and white they have now. I was dissapointed that turned out to be a negative. Then I got a price quote for a scarab with the option I want and the beautiful cognac brown interior. Price was $58K before taxes. Now have a moved the glastron to my number 1 choice. I freaking love that red and white color combo and I'm going to to look for a barely used gts. Either a 225 or a 207. Can get them barely used for under 30K. You can't beat that. They look awesome !

GWC69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They are sharp looking boats their is no question about it and thats one reason I was asking about them.
Iam worried about them not having their own motor, it should not be a big deal but from some of my reading it has been with Scarab a few times.

I was hoping for alittle flashier boats from Yamaha as well and Thats why I like that new AR 195 in red, but wish they wpuld have popped some of that red color in the interior.

I did not know this but the dealer I bought my new Waverunner from also sells Glastrons so when I get ready next spring I should be able to compare them side by side.
I will be honest the only reason I was looking at Glastron or Scarab is because the flashy appeal they have and I don't know if thats the best reason to pick one brand over the other.
Unless I am blown away the Colors and quality of the glastron I will end up in the AR 195.

Thanks for your imput.

Samson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I hear you. And I agree the looks alone not the best decision maker. For me the lake i will be living on is just a small 500 acre private lake. You just cruise around for 15 minutes and then anchor and swim. Or watersports. So I'm going to be getting one on looks. Lol. Man why didnt yamaha make the interior on red one with some flare or the blue one like you said. Not sure what they were thinking. I like the new 2018 colors but they should have carried it inside also.

GWC69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think they are staying safe on thr colors as to please everyone the best they can.