• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX190 Motor Questions

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Brought the boat home from the storage facility to get her cleaned up... thinking about going out tomorrow. SC not on lock down yet...

She hesitated a little but then fired right up. Seemed to run a little rough at first but then seemed to settle down... I guess when you haven’t used it in 4 months things sound different.

Also... I thought once it warms up the water coming out of the pee hole would get warm. Today it didn’t, it stayed pretty cool. One last thing was it looked like little white particles came out of the pee how and some were under the motor. They disintegrate when you touch them but has me a little worried.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like you have a boat that was put up for awhile. Mine can hesitate in that situation, too.

As to the pee holes, sounds like you probably had some harder water in there at the end of the season that evaporated. That will leave the white residue and may cause the water coming out to be a little cooler (along with cooler ambient temps). I would not worry. I prescribe running it much more and enjoying it. That will blow all of that out and you will be running like normal as the temps heat up.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Thank you... took the boat out yesterday and she ran like a champ. Thanks again @tdonoughue