• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sx240 Bimini storage

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, I have a newbie question. I recently purchased a 2019 sx240. On my recently sold sx192 the Bimini folded down and landed on the engine compartment, easy peasy. On the sx240 the poles dig into the seat back cushions. I found the little cushions they give you to wrap the poles but I am still finding that after being covered for a week or so it's still putting some pretty big pressure on the cushions. Maybe I am installing them in the wrong place? What are you guys doing to prevent this?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I get the impressions as well. I haven't had any issues, they come out after a couple hours.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I get the impressions as well. I haven't had any issues, they come out after a couple hours.
ok, I noticed they came out eventually, i was more concerned about the long term. good to hear you haven't had any issues. you would think they would've come up with a better solution

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have 2012 and I never had that issue. Maybe because the design is a bit different. For winter storage I take the Bimini off the boat complete.