• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX240HO mirror?

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I first looked at the new SX240 my "salesman", and I use that term lightly, said that there was a mirror that I could stick to the windshield. Next, when I bought the boat and he took me for a demo ride, he said the mirror was in one of the compartments but we didn't bother looking for it. Now, after not finding the mirror on board, I asked him where it would be and he said he didn't think a mirror comes with the SX, only with the models which have a tower.

Does anyone know for sure if a mirror should come with the SX240 or not?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your boat does not come with a mirror. However, one can be added pretty easy. There are many different styles and options. I have tried a few, and I have found that I like this one the best:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=22985

This one is pretty dang big. I like the size. However, most notably is that it used a Ram Mount. It is a far superior mount that many of the other mirrors. It can be easily turned, twisted, etc.

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your boat does not come with a mirror. However, one can be added pretty easy. There are many different styles and options. I have tried a few, and I have found that I like this one the best:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=22985

This one is pretty dang big. I like the size. However, most notably is that it used a Ram Mount. It is a far superior mount that many of the other mirrors. It can be easily turned, twisted, etc.

Thanks, that is a big mirror, but it looks like what I need!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are more than welcome! I am sure you can find a better price for it somewhere. I just threw that link in there because it came up first.

There are definitely smaller mirrors out there! They cost less too! However, all of the ones I had before this one would fall off, not be stable, or not be able to reposition. I think the size of this one is a plus. Some may not like the size though.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The suction cup mirror that comes with the AR's is kind of a piece of crap. You'd be replacing it anyways
The one that farrelltravis posted is much better.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The suction cup mirror that comes with the AR's is kind of a piece of crap. You'd be replacing it anyways
The one that farrelltravis posted is much better.
Yep, ours keeps falling off after about 20 minutes, or one good wave/wake bump......

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just to avoid any potential misunderstanding, the mirror I posted mounts to the boat by screws. Holes will have to be drilled. The Ram Mount portion of this mirror is what is unique in that it is very secure (because it uses screws to mount to the boat), but still can be twisted, turned, etc very easily.

The suction cup style mirrors are very easy to install, but as some have mentioned, they have a tough time staying put.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The suction cup mirror comes with your boat I believe, but it is junk. I usedt eh gladiator that Travis posted on my 210. I now use the tower mirror from aerial. If I did not have a tower, I would have bought another gladiator. Good big mirror that is easy to mount with the ram. I did not have to drill.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Brian how did you mount it without drilling?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was able to place the bracket over the windshield with the backing piece and tighten the screws. Didn't move and I just left the bracket in place all the time. I think my dad has the same one, but removes the bracket when not using.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ahhhh ok. Well, now you got me to thinking that I might be thinking of my old mirror that I had that required drilling. Maybe this one does not. I haven't seen the mirror in so long because it has been so friggin cold!!!

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@xoomer, forget the suction mirror. It cost me about $400.00 in repair to my helm when it fell off last season. I bought one that attached to the top of the windshield and have been pleased with it since.

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I need one as well and this looks perfect I appreciate the tip

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I just returned this one last week because I felt ot was way too big so I'm still looking for a mirror that isn't as big as my windshield. ...lol ughue, post: 13027, member: 278"]I got this one:
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009PSA4O/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was tough to find a good spot to put it because it is HUGE. But I have it on the windshield on the port side and it works fine there.[/QUOTE]

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I didn't lie with the HUGE in all caps... I can certainly see where it would be too big for some. Took me quite a bit of trial and error to find a good spot for it.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This photo shows where I put the mammoth thing...

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks good Tim! That is basically where I put mine too - just a little more to the starboard side though than yours.