• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Symptoms when sucking up weeds

cjaysanchez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was picking up our 2021 195s and during the test drive before I took her home, the alarm for depth kept going off, then showing 12 ft and instantly will go to 3.5 feet alarm, then a high pitch noise almost coming from the speakers as a faulty ground, even with the engine off and switch to off (not floating) you could hear a noise, Bluetooth error showing on screen. My point is that perhaps we could have sucked weeds explaining a high pitch sound coming from engine and I am thinking were the speakers, the depth alarm being triggered by weeds under water. Still noise after turning ignition key to off is Something definitely wrong with the wiring. It comes with wet sounds oem and don’t believe it includes an amp since that could be a grounding issue I saw in other posts. If you could share the symptoms when sucking in weeds. The engine was always running and keep in mind that our speed was no-wake and then under 5,000 rpms. It was a Saturday so not enough time to figure it out the dealer said. The dealer Has her and hopefully they will figure it out.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would love to tell you all of that is probably the weeds. But I don't think it is. I think you have some bigger issues.

Usually when there are weeds, if they get into the pump intake and clog the pump, you will have cavitation (you will feel the boat shaking and the RPM will run up a bit--like the engine is 'skipping', though there is no transmission) or you will have them stuck on the outside of the intake, when you may have some cavitation, but much more loss of power and speed, slightly higher RPM, and engine overheating (the cooling water comes from the pumps).

None of that sounds consistent with your symptoms, unfortunately...