• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Table Leg

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick question. Does anyone have access to their 2016/2017 (not sure if the same leg was used for other years) that could measure the diameter of the table leg. Trying to order something and can't access my boat right now. Would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• 1562877274802.png
    1562877274802.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 22
I’d love to order a compatible system to install in the bow, as well. I would like the legs interchangeable between the new and stock locations.

I’ve seen a few posts here about them, but some say there are differences in diameter, etc.... probably the same posts you’ve found.

Wondering if anyone could help with this answer. I also need to know the size of the table leg diameter. I’m trying to rig a magma fishing table on the factory leg, but need this diameter size (boat is in storage and don’t have access to it)
My boat is a 242x 2019

Wondering if anyone could help with this answer. I also need to know the size of the table leg diameter. I’m trying to rig a magma fishing table on the factory leg, but need this diameter size (boat is in storage and don’t have access to it)
My boat is a 242x 2019
If it’s a magma, would the rod holder mount work (Like for the grill)? Then stick the rod end down the tube? I believe I’m planning to use an 1 1/2” piece of pvc pipe as a spacer for my grill mount. With my mockup, there is still a little play in it. Not sure if it will be tolerable or if I need to get closer on the dimensions.

Just got the boat out for the season yesterday. So, should be finalizing things this week, I hope.

Here’s mine... 2 inch ID. I bought an extra one to put an umbrella in for extra shade
B497CA68-E603-4F31-999D-05FAB3162FAB.jpeg
9BC83674-82E7-4DC1-AFDA-17324DCCEAF9.jpeg

Looking at that is making me think my 1 1/2” pvc is way too small. Is pvc measured by ID or OD? Either way, looks like too much slop to hold my grill. Lol. Don’t want that to be flopping around.

For my grill, I’m gonna get a real mount and not screw around with making something. For my umbrella, I stuff part of a noodle into the post and that holds my umbrella really well

I tried the PVC route and its wobbly and you need to wrap it with electrical tape. The best option is to order magma 10-180 and the garelick table base.

I have a Kuuma grill so need a specific one for it. Haven’t looked yet, but I’ve taken the time to post on here...... priorities :)

For now, I’m going to be happy with what I’ve done. Haven’t used it yet, but it feels sturdy enough.

I cut a length of 1 1/2” pvc to go inside the table top. I cut off a drywall screw (to get as flush as possible in both sides) and ran that straight across through the pvc. The rod holder mount sits on the screw, so the grill doesn’t go all the way down to the pvc. Wrapped electrical tape around the pvc, a few times around the top and a few times around the bottom. Wrapped electrical tape around the rod mount, and everything seems snug for now.

4E387ECF-6C10-4F5F-963E-7BAFC18BB851.jpegAF37D647-4C8C-4DDC-AF1E-DEF6CCE7906A.jpegF211C8F3-D39F-4204-921F-526F0C97DF3A.jpeg

For now, I’m going to be happy with what I’ve done. Haven’t used it yet, but it feels sturdy enough.

I cut a length of 1 1/2” pvc to go inside the table top. I cut off a drywall screw (to get as flush as possible in both sides) and ran that straight across through the pvc. The rod holder mount sits on the screw, so the grill doesn’t go all the way down to the pvc. Wrapped electrical tape around the pvc, a few times around the top and a few times around the bottom. Wrapped electrical tape around the rod mount, and everything seems snug for now.

View attachment 118902View attachment 118903View attachment 118904
Used my pvc post adapter this week. Worked great. Pretty mild seas in our cove that day.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the umbrella?
Honestly, no idea.... it's an old, old umbrella my wife bought for the beach of kids sports. Never used it so it went on the boat. I just bought a different one at Costco though. No pictures though.... yet!

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the umbrella?

I bought the “fancy” one at Walmart. $26. It has the screw bottom with fold out handles, and a fold down drink/phone holder as well. Fits nicely is the table leg. I cut off a 1inch ish section of the skinny 97cent pool noodle to use as a spacer to protect the leg and secure the umbrella. Had a nice 10-15 minute 15-20 mph gust push through last weekend and it didn’t budge-best photo I have at the moment for reference.
351876B8-AC25-4B32-9C04-E4490AE1391F.jpeg

I bought the “fancy” one at Walmart. $26. It has the screw bottom with fold out handles, and a fold down drink/phone holder as well. Fits nicely is the table leg. I cut off a 1inch ish section of the skinny 97cent pool noodle to use as a spacer to protect the leg and secure the umbrella. Had a nice 10-15 minute 15-20 mph gust push through last weekend and it didn’t budge-best photo I have at the moment for reference.
View attachment 121291
What flag pole holders are you running? Sorry it is off topic.

What flag pole holders are you running? Sorry it is off topic.

$5 Walmart wood flag poles and some eye screws.
Works for what I wanted. I didn’t really want to spend $200+ for two “flag pole holders” and “marine” flag poles. I noticed most the guys with center consoles down here we’re just sticking those or homemade pvc poles into their rod holders. I wasn’t sure how they would hold up but I launched the other day before the wife and kids showed up, gunned it and ran 50+ for a minute with the flags up and they stayed put. Made a couple outings and they have held up fine at the sand bar and cruising around at 10-20 mph.

The OE table leg is quite interesting. The end of the leg is "shrunk" down to 2-1/8" from a larger outer diameter of about 2.3". This is a nonstandard size. Magma makes a fishing pole mount that will expand to 1-15/16", but not any larger, thus, it will not tighten up on the OE table leg.

I've started making replacement table legs (original post here).

I'm also in the process of making grill mounts for the swim deck (port and starboard mounts, transom mounts coming too) that utilizes the Magma expandable pole mount as below.

Attachments

• IMG_20200822_164334.jpg
    IMG_20200822_164334.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 23
Back