• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tango Bilge Pump Setup

djgpro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
So, just bought a 1999 Tango 4 + 2, in pretty rough cosmetic shape (hopefully the engine checks out ok). I'm stripping it down and correcting lots of issues, and I'm noticing one of the owners has done something to the bilge that I cannot understand. I appears that they have installed a hose to a port at the rear below the waterline which routes to a pump mounted on the back wall of the engine compartment, and then to the storage box below where the radio is. They have cut the original bilge pump switch wired to the dash to run this strange setup. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to pump water *into* the boat. Maybe he was using the ski stow area for a livewell? I dunno. Anyway, on to my question. Can anyone tell me the location of where the bilge pump should be and where the water exits the boat in the stock setup? Can't seem to find anything on the internet on this...

Attachments

Last edited:

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
They might’ve been using it to rinse the floor and seats down. One of the Tangos I looked at before I bought mine had a similar setup in the port storage compartment that had a 12v pump with a spiral garden hose and nozzle setup on it, drawing in lake water on the other side of the pump. It came on when you turned on the bulge pump for the passenger floor. Might be handy if you’re doing a lot of beach or river runs, getting people in and out. Once we leave the dock we stay in deeper water 95% of the time. Or they might have been trying to increase the wake size by dumping water in the hull. I wouldn’t try that myself. Hope this helps.

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length

djgpro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
I would keep the bilge pump set up as is and run the deck wash pump only when that bilge pump is running.