• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tarp size

Sroc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Good evening. I am looking for a recommended tarp size for my boat (252 sd on trailer), which is being stored indoors. However, it would be in a unused show room with direct sunlight on the boat. I would likea to cover the boat to keep the sun exposure down as well as its dirrectly below a heater and in the past has been very dirty dusty environment. If I leave the tower up and on the trailer I’m guessing I probably need a over a 50ft size tarp to cover the tower. Curious, if anyone with a 252 has a full tarp also covering their tower what size you went with thanks.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Can't help with tarp size, but just wanted to comment that not all tarps are the same. Some tarps are waterproof while others are water resistant. The downside of a waterproof tarp is that they are not breathable. With storing the boat inside perhaps a water resistant tarp would be a better choice.

Jim

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I think a 30ftx50ft would cover it with the tower up but if it didn't quite cover it and you wanted a little more protection you could always just put the tower down. Won't hurt anything for the tower to be down.