• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tarp Vents??

Nivekot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My boat is going to be stored indoors (cold storage) this winter in Ohio and I decided to add a tarp on top of the mooring cover to keep dust and dirt out of the boat. I added a bunch of DampRid containers throughout the boat to help with any moisture. Since the boat will be indoors and out of the elements, do I need to add any vents to the tarp to help with airflow or will the inside be fine as-is? Thanks!

IMG_5088.jpg

Last edited:
Airflow is never a bad thing. I have seen boats ruined by tarping them tightly, although you seem to have the moisture problem addressed with the desiccant bags. If it were mine i would create a small scoop in the front and also gap the tarp in the back of the boat to allow some airflow. I've used milk crates ect. to prop the tarp up in these areas and create gaps between tarp and boat.

I also store my boat indoors with cold storage all winter long and drape a tarp over it just like you did. I put a bunch of damp rid containers inside the boat and I’ve never had a problem for three seasons now. I also make sure all of the compartments and seats are propped open inside the boat.

Unless you think it will be a particularly humid environment, I wouldn’t worry about putting vents in the tarp.

Back