• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tell me about this steering wheel..

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
This wheel looks like an aftermarket wheel. I have been considering swapping ours for a billet wheel with a blue ring. Its a "universal" wheel but I dont want to loose valuable space with an adapter. My OEM looks like the same 6 bolt. Does anyone have any input here?steering wheel.png

Definitely not oem. Stock ones dont have the six bolts showing. Just the nut on the shaft for the hub.
But if your new aftermarket wheel has the same six bolt pattern than just leave the hub and bolt it on.
Does your new one have a center hole hub attached?

My stock one has the 6 bolts showing... it's an oem yamaha wheel. I've seen plenty of yamahas with the same wheel

Just saw another older yamaha with same wheel, so it is stock.
I am sure yamaha doesn't make it so they probably get it from an aftermarket supplier

Even if the bolts match up, the new one has one at 12 o'clock and the old one is at 1 and 11 o'clock
So you will have to re center the the steering and that would require to pull the hub or get the adjustment out of your cables

Well damn, you're right... I'm gonna go out and see what pulling mine entails... if it looks straight forward, and its spline and not keyed, I'll pull the trigger

Cant imagine it any different from my 2016 ar240.
Changed mine a few years ago

Spline or key?

I believe it had a key.
If you look on the parts diagram it should show a key if it has one

I wonder how a universal hub would fit.

The first pic is of an oem wheel. Here is a pic of mine (2010 242 LS). That said, many members have installed after market steering wheels without experiencing any notable problems.

What I haven t seen yet but I puke like to is an aftermarket steering wheel with controlss for the stereo, no wake mode/cruise control, etc.

B47DB4CE-8B30-4235-A10F-6928BAD96881.png

I removed the 6 factory bolts, had to drill 2 out, as they were corroded and rounded right out. I put a 2 finger gear puller on the hub, two cranks and she popped right off. I just ordered the new hub and wheel, I'll be updating Jan 5th-7th when the new gear shows up.

Back