• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thank You Bruce

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thank you Bruce. Just when I was about to enrol in a local chapter of Jet Boat Addicts Anonymous - Bruce saved me! For some reason my internet service provider appears to have decided I was spending too much time on this forum and decided to reject communications with it. (The Admiral aka my wife swears she had nothing to do with that , hmmmmmm). Sooo, how do you communicate with a forum to tell the moderators you can't communicate with the forum? Yeah! I thought I had tried everything. I could not re-set any of the values because every attempt to re-set was met with "this account is already taken". In one last attempt I included my telephone number. At the other end Bruce was receiving my e.mails but could not communicate back. On Sunday (yeah, his "personal" time) Bruce reached-out with suggestions including opening-up another e.mail account. He then re-set my password back to my original Canuckjetboater so my record of my posts and responses was not lost. AWESOME!!!!!. That was a seriously decent thing to do. I have never met Bruce but I sure would like to some day. I love this forum and it's already been really helpful to me. Thank you seems ridiculously meagre but..... THANK YOU BRUCE!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On Sunday (yeah, his "personal" time) Bruce reached-out with suggestions
I would say this is a "non-profit" entity but I've seen to many people pad their pockets at "non-profit" ventures. I think it would be better to describe us as a non-revenue entity. //// edited to add - I just found out our site does receive a small revenue stream in the form of percentage of sales from links in our "store", the percentages are a voluntarily chosen amount by the provider, I still stand by my idea that no one is making any money from this site,
https://jetboaters.net/threads/our-operating-costs-and-revenue-transparency.88/post-476342 ///

Everything the moderators/administrators do for this board is on a volunteer basis, it's all on their "personal" time.

Last edited:

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I would say this is a "non-profit" entity but I've seen to many people pad their pockets at "non-profit" ventures. I think it would be better to describe us as a non-revenue entity.

Everything the moderators/administrators do for this board is on a volunteer basis, it's all on their "personal" time.

@Scottintexas ....Amen to that! :cool:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Canuckjetboater First off I'd ask the ISP why they chose to censor your connection to a legitimate site. How much you use the site is none of their concern. How long were you unable to connect?

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Canuckjetboater First off I'd ask the ISP why they chose to censor your connection to a legitimate site. How much you use the site is none of their concern. How long were you unable to connect?
@212s.....very legitimate concern. I tried for two days to connect with the forum. All other connections with other forums etc. were fine. Something picked on this forum. I intend to find-out. I have been working my way through possible "trouble makers" first my computer's spam/security settings, today it will be the security program I paid for - Kaspersky. Then I will wait on the line a couple of hours to get an explanation from who I believe to be the real offender - @bell.net. :cool: