• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thanks for the help I ordered the deck plate

Have you checked yamahasportsplaza? Or any other online source for parts??

Could probably pick up a piece of HDPE at a hardware store and make one until you can source an OE one.

Have you checked yamahasportsplaza? Or any other online source for parts??

Could probably pick up a piece of HDPE at a hardware store and make one until you can source an OE one.
Yea that’s what I’m prob gonna end up doing shouldn’t be to hard to make one until I find the factory one for sale

How the hell did you lose that? ?

How the hell did you lose that? ?
Lol I have no idea I just popped the back up to empty the water that gets ontop the clean outs and was like where the hell did the plate go ??‍♂️

I wouldn't think it would hurt anything still using the boat. I wouldn't surf or anything crazy but still go out and enjoy it.

I wouldn't think it would hurt anything still using the boat. I wouldn't surf or anything crazy but still go out and enjoy it.
Yea and it didn’t stop me from goin out lol I wasn’t gonna pass up on 4th of July weekend cuz of it, but I just ordered the piece so should be here in a couple days.

I wouldn't surf or anything crazy but still go out and enjoy it.

For anyone that does surf and notices the bilge pumping water out do a quick experiment. While on the trailer jack it up maybe even use some wood under the trailer jack to get the bow up as high as possible put a cork or something in the drain port thats in the clean out tray fill up the tray with water and watch how it pours out the transom drain plug. While surfing the clean out tray drain actually helps fill the tray especially if you surf goofy and weight the starboard side with a transom bag, That inspection port seal does almost nothing

water out.jpg

Add screws if you want to seal it

sealing it.jpg

For anyone that does surf and notices the bilge pumping water out do a quick experiment. While on the trailer jack it up maybe even use some wood under the trailer jack to get the bow up as high as possible put a cork or something in the drain port thats in the clean out tray fill up the tray with water and watch how it pours out the transom drain plug. While surfing the clean out tray drain actually helps fill the tray especially if you surf goofy and weight the starboard side with a transom bag, That inspection port seal does almost nothing

View attachment 182001

Add screws if you want to seal it

View attachment 182002
The rub rail also isn't watertight. The rub rail in the rear surfside is under water for our setup. We just keep the bilge pump on and it will pump out water periodically. End of day the boat doesn't have much water at all coming out of drain.

I sealed that up as well its very easy just a bunch of screws to take out and someone to hold the rail while you add silicone. It looks like the factory missed when they aligned the parts there is a brown bead about 3/4'' away from the seam

Friday, November 08, 2019.jpg

I sealed that up as well its very easy just a bunch of screws to take out and someone to hold the rail while you add silicone. It looks like the factory missed when they aligned the parts there is a brown bead about 3/4'' away from the seam

View attachment 182060
Not sure the lemon is worth the squeeze, but great ingenuity.

Back