• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

That time of year again - winterizing question

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
JUST KIDDING!

If you're seriously thinking about that already, it's time to reevaluate your life priorities and MOVE.

Now, go enjoy the water!

P.S. - which fins should I buy? :P

Lol

Since you brought it up... what’s up with these fins? Why don’t we ever hear about them here?

http://www.hydrojetpro.com/

Unfortunately, I can definitely see the end of the season coming. Need to line up a couple fall cruises once the water is too cold for swimming in a few weeks.

Lol

Since you brought it up... what’s up with these fins? Why don’t we ever hear about them here?

http://www.hydrojetpro.com/

Unfortunately, I can definitely see the end of the season coming. Need to line up a couple fall cruises once the water is too cold for swimming in a few weeks.

Interesting design! I haven’t seen these before, but the idea of raising/dropping with the bucket intreagues me.

If I still lived in Maine I would already be thinking about scheduling my wrap and all of the other things needed for winterization. Now my procedure is lowering the lift and going for a cruise at least once a month using stabilized gas.

Needless to say I agree with @veedubtek. If you love boating more than shoveling snow ...MOVE.

P.S.
FCB3B598-AFD9-4B6A-8757-9B9B5B781740.jpeg

looks like those fins would only help in reverse... that is when they would be full immersed in the water

looks like those fins would only help in reverse... that is when they would be full immersed in the water

They'd help at idle/no-wake as well. Basically same as TVs, jets will be in the water until you're on plane.

Here too, unfortunately. 4-6 weeks at best until its time.

I was wondering why you would winterize a boat that has engines that have been locked up for years? Perhaps you just want to take extra good care of the “new” spark plugs?

Interesting design! I haven’t seen these before, but the idea of raising/dropping with the bucket intreagues me.

Mheh, pretty much like a poorly executed JBP thrust vector fin design. Raising with the bucket doesn't make much sense IMO. They'd be out of the water by the 2nd throttle indent which is still idle speed with fully open bucket. But I'm a "fins always down" fan so maybe that disqualifies me from commenting on this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Those fins look like a terrible design. I wonder how long they have been around.

They have been around for a few of years.

Mheh, pretty much like a poorly executed JBP thrust vector fin design. Raising with the bucket doesn't make much sense IMO. They'd be out of the water by the 2nd throttle indent which is still idle speed with fully open bucket. But I'm a "fins always down" fan so maybe that disqualifies me from commenting on this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Great point.... not sure how my sleep deprived brain missed that!

Well if they don't attempt to market here, they don't know the jet boat market very well!
Oh they do, they do. This amazing product (sarc) has garnered plenty of discussion here at some point, before it became clear who's behind it...lol, the disgruntled owner of yamaha jet boaters AKA "dark site".

For the sake of my serenity in the weeks to come, I'm out of this thread/rabbit hole, not opening it again. Thanks, Walt. Not.
Over-and-out!
:D

--

Oh they do, they do. This amazing product (sarc) has garnered plenty of discussion here at some point, before it became clear who's behind it...lol, the disgruntled owner of yamaha jet boaters AKA "dark site".

For the sake of my serenity in the weeks to come, I'm out of this thread/rabbit hole, not opening it again. Thanks, Walt. Not.
Over-and-out!
:D

--

Well that makes sense. I was not around for the civil war between these sites and know really nothing about all that. But, I have seen the line in the sand between the sites so if that who is producing those then it all makes sense now.

Hydrojet have been brought up on here. Owned by Corvus Aviation Holdings out of Texas. They never came back.

Last edited:
Back