• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

That's not good...

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't get under my boat very often. In fact in the two years I've owned it I've only been under it once to remove some debris from the intake grate. I was washing the boat today and this caught my eye. I can only assume that this has been on my boat since it was new, and that obviously somebody saw it and marked it to have it repaired. There is a gray filler in what looks like a triangular hole. The filler is somewhat soft, kind of like window glazing. In the two years that I've owned her I've always been surprised at just how dry the bilge and all of the various compartments have been, so this is not a concern from a leaking standpoint, but I do plan on contacting the dealer on Monday and asking them to fix this properly, under warranty.

Defect 1.jpg Defect 2.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting.

do you have a wider pic that we can see where exactly this is on the hull.

My initial opinion is that it's damage from the transport from the factory.

Murf, don't have a wider angle. I'll take one tomorrow. As it sits on my trailer this is above the trailer wheels, and it is on the ridge/corner (for lack of a better term) closest to the keel.

Damn, that sucks. Good luck on getting it covered 2 years later, hopefully they take care of you.

I can't imagine that the dealer would not take care of it for you.

You had also mentioned the lack of water in your compartments. A total good thing :). I have also been surprised on the lack of water in the engine compartment, etc. With my old Sea Ray, I would always automatically kick on the bilge when getting to the marina. And it would always run with a steady stream for a few seconds. With my Yamaha, there is hardly a trace of water or residue in the engine compartment.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here are a few more pics at a wider angle. The dealership has been pretty good to work with and I also have the extended warranty, so I think they will take care of it.

Defect 3.jpg Defect 4.jpg

With it on the edge like that, practically anything could cause that. Thankfully it has that goop on it and is marked, which may save you with the dealer getting it fixed. Otherwise, I have had similar injuries from loading with a dead bunkboard (one time) and just plain poorly loading on a trailer that was not low enough to the water (one time). Equally could have been in transport, of course (and probably was, the way someone marked it). But just be prepared. If I were the dealer, I would probably be pushing back a bit on you that this may be user-error... Mind you, I don't think that this is, but that is what I would be prepared for were I you.

Back