• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

There's that Loose Nut Again!!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some of you may have read a post or two about a problem I had with my boat (ever since I bought it) - the elusive "Loose Nut Behind the Wheel". :eek:

Well, it seems that I'm not the only one...and this time it could have been disastrous!

An Air Force reconnaissance airplane caught fire in April, endangering the lives of 27 airmen aboard the plane -- all because a retaining nut connecting oxygen tubing was not tightened properly, accident investigators have determined. Investigators determined the ensuing fire caused $62.4 millon in damage to the RC-135V...
...had the plane taken off, all 27 crew members could have died in an ensuing crash.

Whole story:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/27/politics/loose-nut-air-force-crash/index.html

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw that story earlier. They were lucky!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A high speed abort is never fun! Crew must have done a great job assessing and communicating in a short time span. Well done fellas.