• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Thinking of purchasing a 242 LS with engine rebuilt

zibius

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Hi, found a 242 LS with 240 hours on one engine and 30 hours on the other. Its a 2013, and in 2020, the timing chain went and the engine was rebuilt.

In canada they normally sale for 60000$ but this one is 45000$

Good deal? Should I stay away from a rebuilt engine? What about the other engine, will it fail?

Thanks

Hi, found a 242 LS with 240 hours on one engine and 30 hours on the other. Its a 2013, and in 2020, the timing chain went and the engine was rebuilt.

In canada they normally sale for 60000$ but this one is 45000$

Good deal? Should I stay away from a rebuilt engine? What about the other engine, will it fail?

Thanks
If it was done correctly by an experienced tech, i wouldn't worry to much about it.
Does it look to be in good shape otherwise and look like it was maintained properly?

a 2013 242ls without an engine swap is a $30K USD/$41K Can boat. With an engine swap, I agree with Neutron, it should not effect value too much. But the $60K canadian days on that boat are long gone. And now with cooler weather looming, sub $40K canadian prices are over due

Good luck,

Back