• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts on this impeller housing

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just wanted to see what you guys think about these photos. I'm not sure if this is a normal but worn wear ring or one that needs replaced. Also only a couple of small marks on the impeller but I believe it's fine.20220320_142328.jpg20220320_142326.jpg20220320_142320.jpg20220320_142300.jpg20220320_142224.jpg

The caulk / glue in the pump will cause cavitation. Everything should be as smooth as possible. Gaps should be sealed but that material stuck in the housing is not helping.

Am I seeing wear or adhesive at the back of the wear ring?

Fore looks like a messy sealant job, aft I believe is just scale on the metal ring. Honestly I can't recall if you put sealant on between the plate and impeller housing

I used Threebond 1211. That's what is recommended by Yamaha (in the service manual) It's just a white liquid sealant. It's just a flange sealant. You just put a small bead on. Also use Loctite 567 thread sealant just to protect from dissimilar metals.

Back