• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts on wake/surf rack? Too high?

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Here is a pic of a wake/surf rack from Monster I recently installed on my 19’ AR195. Seems I mounted it too high? Thoughts? I don’t know what I am doing or where it works the best.CFFC569B-7213-407D-A938-D914977BBB1A.jpeg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Different boat - but last year, mine was mounted in the lower section of the tower. I found that my surf rope would get caught on boards fairly regularly. This year, I’ll be mounting where you have it.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Last Sunday, I mounted my rack in the lower section. Turns out that with a wakeboard in the bottom position, the bindings would hit the trailer guide post when loading onto the trailer causing the rack to rotate and a surfboard hitting the windshield glass.... I'm lucky nothing broke. I'm moving mine above the crossbar tomorrow. Only surfboards, you should be fine in the lower position.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Last Sunday, I mounted my rack in the lower section. Turns out that with a wakeboard in the bottom position, the bindings would hit the trailer guide post when loading onto the trailer causing the rack to rotate and a surfboard hitting the windshield glass.... I'm lucky nothing broke. I'm moving mine above the crossbar tomorrow. Only surfboards, you should be fine in the lower position.
Thanks I did move it down to the lower section it’s a ZUP so it’s larger than most but I think it should work there. It also has a quick release so if I need to I can pull it.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mounted Reborn Surfboard Racks down lower on my 195S. Seems like you did the same location. Your rack just sticks up and out with the board
20200405_144828.jpg20200405_150924.jpg

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Mounted Reborn Surfboard Racks down lower on my 195S. Seems like you did the same location. Your rack just sticks up and out with the board
View attachment 116740View attachment 116741
I like yours looks like bigger forks. I did lower it now and it seems better still sticks out but it is quick release and it was 280.00. Serves it purpose for what we do with kids.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like yours looks like bigger forks. I did lower it now and it seems better still sticks out but it is quick release and it was 280.00. Serves it purpose for what we do with kids.
Mine is up high. Wanted more clearance for when we tie up with my buddy's A24. Bought the reborn rack a week ago for the Zup so we could put the Coaster in the Monster rack.

Attachments

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Mine is up high. Wanted more clearance for when we tie up with my buddy's A24. Bought the reborn rack a week ago for the Zup so we could put the Coaster in the Monster rack.
Do you have the link to the exact reborn that you have on your boat in the pics? I like it and I think I want it.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Hoyt does that setup obstruct your view while underway? Seems like it would vs mounting the boards more horizontal to water surface they would obstruct less?

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have the link to the exact reborn that you have on your boat in the pics? I like it and I think I want it.
Link below. I needed the swivel which was offered as a add on at checkout for a discount. I have to drop my tower all the way to clear my garage door height. So my install is slightly different than what others might do. Placement was limited for me since I did not want to remove screws after each outing.

Attachments

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Hoyt does that setup obstruct your view while underway? Seems like it would vs mounting the boards more horizontal to water surface they would obstruct less?
I am worried about this too. I may need to try to adjust a little, but I dont have a lot of room to play with height. I think I can work around it though.here is a shot with the Zup, by far the biggest thing I have to put in it.

Attachments

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not at all. I have a mirror mounted to see

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not at all. I have a mirror mounted to see
Like I needed another reason to buy it. Lol

If I can just get stuff to stop breaking around the house I could buy more toys. Water heater a week ago, freezer at the beginning of the week and the weedwacker motor gave out this morning...I guess I'm just happy we didnt lose all our meat and frozen goods in the freezer. Got lucky there.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Like I needed another reason to buy it. Lol

If I can just get stuff to stop breaking around the house I could buy more toys. Water heater a week ago, freezer at the beginning of the week and the weedwacker motor gave out this morning...I guess I'm just happy we didnt lose all our meat and frozen goods in the freezer. Got lucky there.
I feel your pain. I've been at father in laws house everyday this week. He's dying of lykemia(sp?), and my daughter will be buying the house. So daddy been working like crazy.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that. We lost my MIL to cancer June before last. Been spending a lot of time helping my FIL with house projects too mainly just to keep him occupied but also to supervise the work so he finishes. In the end happy to have a job and our health at this point.