• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle adjustment needed?

Scarabski

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have finally had some time to spend In Our new boat. One observation I have made is that my maximum speed doesn't change from 2/3 throttle to full throttle(wide open). I feel like there should be more there, I know this drive by wire, is there a way to check and see if I am in fact "wide open"?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The ECU wont let the RPMs go over 8100. Its possible to get more by removing the limiter through a reflash, but I would wait till the warranty is over before I mess with it.

Scarabski

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok, I will see where it max's out this weekend

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm at 9 hrs and I can't get over 8100ish RPM and that gives me 38 mph with Bimini up, 2 dudes, 36 beers, 2 bags of ice, 2 Publix subs, 3/4 tank of gas...couple other unimportant things... I'm sure also that I'm forgetting

Scarabski

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am at 8 hours now, with 2 guys and a case of beer I am at 7900rpms and 52 mph. I think that's all I am going to get.

hbdrew14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have 11hrs and haven't seen it above 7k rpm and not above 35hr, seems like it's dragging a little.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
11 hours; max rpm is 7800 at 38 mph. No beer:wtf:, one cigar:cigar:, center locker had water in it, wife riding on the bow and Bimini top deployed.

Cs419

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
8 hours in on the Scarab 165. Full max rpm is around 7800 with speed about 38 mph just like Slugger55 but I only have the 150 HP engine.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm at 9 hrs and I can't get over 8100ish RPM and that gives me 38 mph with Bimini up, 2 dudes, 36 beers, 2 bags of ice, 2 Publix subs, 3/4 tank of gas...couple other unimportant things... I'm sure also that I'm forgetting
Sounds like your boat is running top notch

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am at 8 hours now, with 2 guys and a case of beer I am at 7900rpms and 52 mph. I think that's all I am going to get.
So that was you hauling ass across the lake this past Saturday, heading towards Northville? That little thing flies! I can't believe how well that flew over the chop while I was getting tossed all over in the 215. That was me riding along side with the black 215 giving you the thumbs up, by the way. Passenger saw me anyway, unsure if the driver did.

Scarabski

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, that was me! I saw your thumbs up. We were getting tossed around pretty good too. We were headed to Shipwrecked at Northampton. We are usually on sand Island every Saturday and Sunday unless there is a big bash somewhere else on the lake. Are you usually on the sacandaga?

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, that was me! I saw your thumbs up. We were getting tossed around pretty good too. We were headed to Shipwrecked at Northampton. We are usually on sand Island every Saturday and Sunday unless there is a big bash somewhere else on the lake. Are you usually on the sacandaga?
Yeah all I was thinking was, dang, this lake is rough today and he's ripping... This guy has b***s! Then I backed out, haha.

Yep, typically launching at 'Rondack Roots in Mayfield on the weekends. Usually head up the Northville side or drop anchor somewhere on the East side of Sand Island. I'm sure we'll run into each other again one of these days. If I'm tied up at Sand Island it's usually with a big aqua green/blue looking Regal Cuddy. Did see another black 215 out on the lake this past Sunday, but I was tied up and didn't get an opportunity to swing by and compliment him on his purchase before he took off, hah. Only difference I could see from the distance was his didn't have the stern speakers and not sure if he had an HO or not, so if you run across that boat, you'll know who's who.