• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle chatter after new jet nozzle install @help

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I replaced the starboard jet nozzle deflector and steering/reverse cables for the starboard side. On my sea and my throttle lever chatters when I get to 6k rpm on the starboard side. I am thinking the gate needs adjusting since it is attached by a new cable and I eyeballed it. What do you think? Does it need to open more? To the eye it looks pretty wide open but maybe it is a millimeter or 10 off? Sorry about [USERGROUP=9]@HELP[/USERGROUP] but I want to get it adjusted while on the water. Great day out here!

Yes it is your gate adjustment. You need to make sure it is completely up and out of the way when in forward. My boat has the newer mid level detent for enhanced slow speed maneuvering (whatever it is they call it) and when I start to accelerate at times before the gate locks in the full up position I occasionally feel throttle chatter due to that. Just a little tweaking should have it resolved.

Tried to adjust from the shifter assembly but it isn't any better. I know it is the starboard side with some more testing. I wanted to rule out some holes that I have on the right nozzle due to removing the fins on that side. Stbd side is new so it doesn't have holes.

I'll put on the trailer and see what I can find.

Any other things to look over. I am sure it will come down to the gate. I painted it black so it can't be how it looks.

Last edited:
Good to hear.

Back