• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle Sync set up with Perfect Pass

Sparty

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Heard about Forum from Will at JetBoatPilot.com and I really want to order his Throttle sync but not sure how to adjust since I have perfect pass installed. I did not install perfect pass myself and I do not want to screw anything up

I would appreciate any help in this

Bob

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not going to be of much help here, as I do not have either one of the items you are discussing.

However - anyone else have an answer? I, personally, wouldn't think Throttle Sync would interfere with PP as PP is more computer controlled, right?

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have both. I installed my perfect pass and am still fiddling with it a little. Mainly keeping my throttle wires free from binding and playing with the 10mm nut on the throttle cable linkage to keep the RPMs the same. I only tried PP a few times without throttle sync but felt that the RPMs were more in sync with throttle sync. If you have PP working well then I wouldn't hesitate at all to use it with throttle sync. I did it for a good half the boating season last year and it worked great.

Sparty

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have both. I installed my perfect pass and am still fiddling with it a little. Mainly keeping my throttle wires free from binding and playing with the 10mm nut on the throttle cable linkage to keep the RPMs the same. I only tried PP a few times without throttle sync but felt that the RPMs were more in sync with throttle sync. If you have PP working well then I wouldn't hesitate at all to use it with throttle sync. I did it for a good half the boating season last year and it worked great.
Derek thanks so much for the feedback. My RPM seem good with PP but when just running on my own the right engine is just lagging a little so I was not sure how to adjust cables and not mess PP up

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
All you need is a 10mm wrench to adjust the RPMs with perfect pass. It's actually pretty easy. I'm still tinkering with mine. I can document it with a picture or two when the weather warms up, but I believe it is right in the manual too. Another thing to note is that if you get the RPMs to match at one speed they may not match at another, so as long as it's close I'd call it good.

Sparty

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
makes sense...yes I need to get rid of new 10 inches of snow first

appreciate your response
Bob