• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttles seem to be a bit out of sync

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So we took our 2019 212 Limited S out for a second time today. It seems that the throttles on the dual engines are a bit out of sync. The (right) starboard throttle and engine seems to run at higher RPM’s. The left throttle or port side throttle handle seems to be able 1/4 inch off (lower) and also seems to fall back a bit and will not stay side by side to the other throttle handle. I have to constantly adjust them while driving in order to avoid pushing or pulling. For now, I am compensating but it’s. It right.

I am pretty confident it’s just a simple cable adjustment as the engines are in unison at idle speed and when running in no wake mode around 2,350RPM.

Anything I can try on my own or wait until the end of the season and have the dealer adjust them prior to winter storage? Also? The steering sometimes pulls or feels a little heavy when under way. The steering wheel, jets and articulating keel turn and move freely while at rest. I am wondering if it’s from the throttle imbalance or perhaps windy days on the water? What’s normal feel like on these dual engine jet boats?

Thanks guys!

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

89toy4wd

Reaction score