• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust vectors are bending...

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The second to last time I had my boat out I noticed my thrust vectors looked funny after I pulled it out. The rear trailing edges of both blades on both sides were sticking out. It looks like the bar that connects the two blades together in the front had bent on both pairs. I didn't think much of it and just bent them back by hand. However, the next time I used my boat and then took it out of the water they were bent the same exact way.

What could have caused this? I have never beached by boat and I never operate in less that 3' of water. Ibe definitely never hit anything. My only guess is fatigue? Possibly from going in reverse and since the bracket that connects the blades is in the front and going in reverse above idle caused the rear of the blades to open up due to lack of support?

@JetBoatPilot any advice? Faulty bracket maybe? Or possibly not suitable to go in reverse above an idle due to lack of rear support?

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
To clarify, the distance between the two blades on each set of TV's is wider in the back than in the front after the last two times I've been out. I know it's hard to visualize without pictures. I can take pics this weekend if it does it again.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Call Will Owen at jetboatpilot! It it has happened, he will know about it, and what it takes to fix it. And probably provide not only expertise, but parts to do so!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I feel certain that Will will provide replacement parts under warranty.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The new TV XL's have a lifetime warranty. I'm sure they will take care of you.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If it basically looks like it is "V'ing" with the wider part of the V in the rear and the smaller closer to the outside of the boat, then maybe another cross bar connecting the two pieces is necessary in order to prevent this.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I seem to remember that the did add an update to the XL and previous line, I wonder if you have that extra brace?

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the TV XL and it does have a straight support bracket on the back part of the U shaped bracket.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Skysurfer2010 .. Interesting. I too have the pre XL shorties. I' all have to take a closer look. The looked good last time I had the boat on the trailer.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will will take care of you. Give him a shout.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For reference, I don't have any issues with my Cobra's. . . . . Sorry, had too = )

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
^^^^^^^ He's funny

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
There was certainly an update with a rear bar to stabalize things. I noticed it on newer models and called will and got the parts.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Skysurfer2010 You have the early Thrust Vector product which was much shorter and did not come with the cross tie. We added the cross tie in late 2012 to help maintain a uniform distance between the longer XL fins and to prevent flaring. This seems to have solved the flaring issue. We no longer manufacture the early fins but I may still have some fins in stock if you need replacements. Call us and let me see what can be done to help. 850-960-3236