• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust vectors

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have these thrust vectors installed on their Yamaha? My wife is looking to order these for my boat and want to make sure they really work and that they are worth the money? Please advise?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have them on my 242 and love them. Plenty of threads on here with people giving their opinions.

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have them on my 242 and love them. Plenty of threads on here with people giving their opinions.
Hows it work at high speeds etc. Do they lift up out a the way etc? I durable are they at high speeds and low not falling off

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have Cobra Jets...definitely worth the money and great customer service! Can't speak for Thrust Vectors.

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have Cobra Jets...definitely worth the money and great customer service! Can't speak for Thrust Vectors.
Hows it work at high speeds etc. Do they lift up out a the way etc? I durable are they at high speeds and low not falling off and what's the difference between the 2?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
TVs will come out of the water at speed and a for low speed maneuvering. He also has a many other devices as well.

Jetboat pilots newest product

Cobras are adjustable. Full down all the time with a spring that holds it down. If you hit a log it is suppose to go up. You can set it to raise at many different heights.

Look around here and you will find many opinions.

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are dozens of threads discussing this if you use the search function. Cobras can be set down full time and thrust vectors are down at no wake speed.

Last edited:

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cobras can be set to either come out of the water at speed or stay down. The Cobras are made of metal, unlike the TV's which are plastic. I can't speak to the TV's durability but the Cobra's will probably stand up to anything you can throw at it short of beaching the boat. @Cobra Jet Steering LLC can give you a lot more details. Here's where I got mine...lots of info there....

Jores

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Either will make a major difference in slow speed handling but the cobra system will help at speed if you set it up that way. One big difference between stern drive and jet is the jet wants to continue straight when you ease the throttle- even when you turn the steering wheel- cobra is supposed to help with that.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My lake has plenty of debris and stuff in the water... have 1 full season with the TV’s and no damage or issues. Helps slow speed steering quite a bit IMO. As much as I like them, I like the lateral thrusters even more.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You will find people like the Thrust Vectors and Cobras. Both work great according to people who buy them. I put Thrust Vectors on my Yamaha and made a huge difference of steering at low speed. They do lift up at speed and are not a factor (because you don't need them at speed). Worth the investment.