• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust vectors

Par190sx

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
what kind of thrust vectors? And r they worth the money? Does it take away from the fun of driving the boat?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Welcome @Par190sx I have the fins and love it for the fact that it makes things easer for the wife to drive.

Check out this thread for some opinions in every which direction. There are plenty more discussion adding to your question just run this search and it will keep you reading for a while!

https://jetboaters.net/threads/steering-assist.2244/

jetboaters.net, fins site:jetboaters.net

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love mine. The thrust vectors are spring loaded and you can adjust how eat they go up. You can have them light enough so they are down only at real slow speeds and then up when moving faster so it handles like it did before but still helps when slow.

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This thred is in the wrong place.

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I installed my fins, after some production delay due to the redesign, and then hit the road with the boat for a 1700mi trip to the summer camp in Maine. The boat towed perfectly with no fishtail tendencies at all, at least up to 80mph. I also installed a set of firestone air lift bags inside the rear springs of my minivan to keep it from sagging with the combined load of the fully-loaded vehicle and the ~180# tongue weight of the trailer(which isn't adjustable on the custom trailer). The new 266hp Sienna minivan has a 6-speed automatic, which really helped when climbing the Appalachians and the rolling hills of the Shenandoah valley...keeping the engine in the 2-4000rpm power range. Our mileage dropped from 24 to 14mpg, keeping the speed at around 65-70.
Once we arrived at our destination a problem presented itself with the new boat. When we went to pull the boat out of the yard we found that the crushed stone we had put down over the driveway last Fall was too slippery to pull this new heavier boat up the hill to get out. We had to borrow a 4-WD from a relative to get to the boat ramp. Fortunately we will probably leave the boat on the mooring behind the cabin for the summer.
The next issue is that the new Vector Thrust fins stick down and prevent the boat from swinging over the mooring lines that extend from the mooring buoy back to the dock, and are used to retrieve the boat when we want to use it. I have to come up with a solution. So far I think that a sliding weight of some kind might hold down the lines so that the boat can swing around with wind direction changes. I don't want the fins to catch on the lines and possibly saw through them or damage the fins. Another possibility is using a lanyard to pull up the spring-loaded fins when the boat is at the mooring. Of course, another classic option would be to connect the boat to the mooring buoy with a short line and then use the kayak to get back and forth to the dock. I'm reluctant to keep the boat at the dock with boat wakes and wind waves rocking it and scuffing it up, but it may come to that with proper fendering or a set of those whip poles that keep it off the dock.

Last edited:

Mike sanders

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I got the boat in the water much better response at low speed. The big pay off was lining up to trailer and holding track I felt like a pro!!!!! As trailering a boat is new for me...