• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Time to get ready for the water. . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What should I be doing to get her ready.

She has about 30 hours total and I have yet to start her this season.

So far the only thing ready is the Battery being topped off

I changed the oil about 10 hours before I stored her for winter. . . . . . But I believe I recall hearing that the oil breaks down over time, and that it should be changed.

ALSO

The full tank I left her with was treated before I put her away. Should I run the first tank on the old plugs and THEN change them?

If there is another thread with suggestions on how to proceed, please let me know. I did a hasty search and returned nothing.

Been a busy year and I have been out of practice ;)

Other than annual maintenance, lube, plugs, oil and filters...sounds like your ready to go. And if you prefer to change the oil/filters/plugs in the fall, so be it and no problem. I would run ring free through her along with also fogging engines. But that can wait to annual maintenance too if your not on the salt...if you are, you need to fog more frequently and would do that. I am attaching my checklist that you can use to get ready the first time or anytime out. Alter as you see the need. I am also attaching the fogging doc I have here...
Yamaha Fogging Procedure-1.jpg Yamaha Fogging Procedure-2.jpg Yamaha Fogging Procedure-3 (Medium) (2).jpg

Attachments

• YAMAHA CHECKLIST.doc
    YAMAHA CHECKLIST.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Yamaha Fogging Procedure-1 (Medium).jpg
    Yamaha Fogging Procedure-1 (Medium).jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 3
Don't worry about treated fuel...just go have fun! You will burn through it and then can add fresh. I generally treat all my fill ups with Marine Grade Stabil at the storage vs treatment rate all the time, so my fuel is ready to go no matter what. Good thing I do that, floods, droughts and other plans have kept my boat in dry dock longer than I ever anticipate up front.

Don't worry about treated fuel...just go have fun! You will burn through it and then can add fresh. I generally treat all my fill ups with Marine Grade Stabil at the storage vs treatment rate all the time, so my fuel is ready to go no matter what. Good thing I do that, floods, droughts and other plans have kept my boat in dry dock longer than I ever anticipate up front.

I wasn't so much worried that it was "treated", so much as I was worried it was old and could fowl the new plugs should I put them in before the first tank is through. Any thoughts on that?

As far as plugs go, I like the idea of changing to new plugs after the winter and after I have ran the engine for the first time. As in, foul the old plugs then change.

Old fuel won't foul the plugs especially if the fuel was extended. On the other hand, fogging can if overdone. I used to service both spring and fall, but it is overkill for only 10 hours. Now if you serviced last spring snd it time for the annual service, then I would also recommend now. But when you choose to do annual service is up to you, there are arguments both for and against both.

What should I be doing to get her ready.

She has about 30 hours total and I have yet to start her this season.

So far the only thing ready is the Battery being topped off

I changed the oil about 10 hours before I stored her for winter. . . . . . But I believe I recall hearing that the oil breaks down over time, and that it should be changed.

ALSO

The full tank I left her with was treated before I put her away. Should I run the first tank on the old plugs and THEN change them?

If there is another thread with suggestions on how to proceed, please let me know. I did a hasty search and returned nothing.

Been a busy year and I have been out of practice ;)
Make sure you have the keys and ice for the cooler.
Have fun! :cool:

Back