• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

time to pay the piper

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got home from work last night to find a letter from the local District attorney. Please prepare for a subpoena. !!!

last year a fine young man in his early 20's decided to slash my unlocked screen door..then kick in my door HARD and proceed to ransack my lake-house. Good news is he wasn't destructive; Bad news is he made off with my closet shotgun I bought when I was probably 20, and a LARGE collection of coins that were my grandfathers, a few bayonets and ammo.

Well, he was arrested in NY on multiple felony weapons charges and just extradited back here to face the music for 10 break-ins that day ..can I get a HELL YEAH !!!!

He told the sherriff my shotgun along with about 10 other guns were thrown in the lake near the bridge !!! less than 100 yards from my dock in 25ft/water lies my sweetheart..

I totaled out about $2500 in damages/loss, and expect too see all but about $2500 of it....(blood/turnip)..
but, in the end......he'll be moving into a small 8x8 someplace...

My first thought heading to the scene was the thought of this dude hammering his way along the edge of my 212x sitting in the garage...or slashing seats.......screw everything else...
Two weeks before this I had purchased a gun safe, otherwise it would have been a REAL BAD story.

In the end I'll prob be represented by the attorney and just sit quietly in my little 8x8 at work.......wait..what the f.....

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What a terrible experience.

I hope that he sees a lot of time in a cell.

Where I live ten burglary charges will get you five years of probation. Our catch and release policy keeps the burglars on the street.

If not those NY firearms charges will keep him locked up.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think his visit to NC is a formality.......NEW YORK is going to do him in hard......

I'm under the impression with the amount he's done in NC alone he'd be looking at about 5-10 years here........thats missing out on allot of great mornings waking up next to a beautiful woman.........

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hate that this has happened to you. I can't stand thieves! :rage: