• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tips on pulling anchor light wire?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all, recently my anchor light broke off the top of my tower (AR240). The replacement came this past week. When I'm out looking at the wire connectors down inside the tow point I can tell that I don't have enough to remove the old crimp connectors and connect the new light.

Seems like there is plenty of slack at the other end of the tower but none of it will pull through.

Thoughts?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Odd.

Have you tried pushing from the slack side? Maybe it is going around a bend and getting stuck or something. Only other thing I can think is that they knotted the bottom end (which would make no sense--don't need strain relief...).

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is all I could get. Was able to cut the plastic heat-shrink from the fixture end and use a self soldering, waterproof, heat-shrink connector after drilling out the crimp to accommodate the new light wire.

It is working again.20240602_192215.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is definitely a tight solder/crimp. Glad you got it.