• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tips on purchasing a used AR 210/240

Airbuspilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sold my 19 foot Regal a few years ago and moved up to Dallas. Finally looking into getting back into boating and very interested in jet boats. I used to tie up with a guy who had a Yamaha AR210 and was in awe of the layout and configuration, but have never ridden one. I’m looking at 2013-2015 AR 210s and 240s. I know we can debate the lengths all day long so for me it depends on condition and price/value. So my questions are -

What are the model differences in that time frame? I’ve looked at the chart that is posted on a thread here for the minute differences but that doesn’t tell me much. Things like does a certain year have a bad engine, bad build quality, etc. is what’s im looking for.

How much power difference is there from the AR210 to 240? I’d say an average day for me on the lake would be 4-6 adults with water skiing, tubing and some wake boarding but no experts by any accounts. I know the 240 has More power but the same size fuel tank at 50 gallons. Should that be a concern?

I’ve seen some low time 210s for 28k to 38k and some 240s in the mid to upper 30s. Just trying to weigh my options as all fit within my budget.

I’d be happy to post links to the boats I’m looking at if that helps! Thanks In advance!!

Last edited:

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 210 lineup for those years will have the MR1 engines which are very reliable. The 240 lineup will have the 1.8s which are very reliable except for some timing chain issues. You can probably use the search function and get a bunch of threads regarding that. My understanding is it was a bigger PWC problem that spilled over a little in boats, so I wouldn't let it scare you off.

Power wise the 210 will do what you are asking, but if you have any kind of itch for power then it won't scratch that.

The 240 is easily the better boat. The only reason you'd buy a 210 is the cost or not enough garage space to store the 240. I believe 2015 is the year that Yamaha revamped the 24' lineup and introduced the articulating keel and connext.

2015 SX210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a 2015 SX210. I am very happy with the storage space, build quality, etc. have yet to get it on the lake though. Will be my first time propless. Ended up paying around 34k, only has 15hrs on it.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sort of reviving an older thread... a person in my neighborhood is selling a 2015 AR210. Boat has 19 (yes you read that correctly) hours on it. Trying to research and understand the pros/cons of the 2015 model. Things to look for, things that are of concern. Any issues with this year? It doesn't appear to be, but I have to ask.