• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Today was a bust.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
After 6 months off the water, a sunny 74-degree day and the boat wouldn't start. Two batteries on Nocco charger over the winter. Screen lit up and was displaying properly but when you turned the key, nothing. Ended up dropping the boat off with the dealer for diagnosis/repair.

check the fuse by the battery. I think it’s 20A. Happened to me once and a few others on here. Same thing, everything lit up but no start. Other than that check to make sure clean out hatch safety switch isn’t set too low.

Agree with @haknslash sounds like a fuse problem. The extra draw popped the fuse.

I have the twin to your boat, so following for the outcome. Hopefully a quick and cheap one.

Captain Obvious questions coming, but did you check all the things that I have forgotten to check over the years? Lanyard, clean out plug tray, boat in neutral?
Yes.

Can you get 10 award points for being stupid. Clean out port hatch must be closed for boat to start. I ran yesterday back through my mind and realized that was probably it, and it was. Went to the dealer started it up and took it back to storage.
Unfortunately, we lost the opportunity to go out yesterday and with our schedules and the weather it will probably a couple of weeks before we can get back out. The good news nothing is broke.

@kgower Yeah man, first mistake like that is free. After the second one, we are gonna need to take the boat away :)

Also next time it might be beneficial to you or anyone else with an issue to not be so quick to rush to the dealer for help right away. There are a ton of resources here on this forum and plenty to offer help, likely way faster than going through the dealer. If it has happened to a boat chances are it’s been covered on here. If you can’t figure an issue out with all the help on here or if it’s a warranty issue then that’s when you want to get the dealer involved IMO. We could have saved you some gas driving there ;)

Can't argue with that.

You still have my phone number, call me next time I enjoy chatting/troubleshooting issues with boats.

Also next time it might be beneficial to you or anyone else with an issue to not be so quick to rush to the dealer for help right away. There are a ton of resources here on this forum and plenty to offer help, likely way faster than going through the dealer. If it has happened to a boat chances are it’s been covered on here. If you can’t figure an issue out with all the help on here or if it’s a warranty issue then that’s when you want to get the dealer involved IMO. We could have saved you some gas driving there ;)
True enough. We had already put about 3 hours into prep, hooking up etc. and wanted to be sure it was going to run before going to the lake. We hooked up the hose, tried jumping it from the 2nd battery checked everything @dnicholas47 mentioned, just didn't think about the hatch. The boat was already hooked up so we just to it to the dealer. Next time I'll take your advice and or call @HangOutdoors .

There are 2 groups of Yamaha jetboat owners that have had brainfarts regarding operations.....those that have, and those that will! Glad you got it taken care of.....sorry for the lost day!

Back