• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Torn between 242 Limited S v. 252S

Kernsy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My wife and I just sold our 2017 Yamaha 242 Limited S and we miss it like crazy. However, we are thinking about trying to get a 252S next year. We really like the looks of the blue 252S with the cool interior. We have not put a deposit down because we want to hold off for awhile. After reading about the cancelling of orders and production problems, should we just forget this idea?
We absolutely loved our 242 Limited S and sometimes I thought getting a newer 242 Limited S may be the best option. I plan on going through Stokelys if we put a deposit down on a new one but I will not rule out another dealer that can offer a great deal. I am just confused on what I should do. Sometimes I could kick myself in the *** for letting my 242 Limited S go. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Darren & Traci Kerns
Taswell, IN

I have a 252S and absolutely love it. I have had no issues. Based on a lot of reading on here I do think a big part of the purchase is the dealer you buy it from.

Happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

If you don't mind me asking, what dealership did you go through? I emailed Stokely's and they wanted a $100 deposit. Cycle Springs in FL wanted $1000 deposit. I just absolutely the rear seats in the 252S. What color is yours?

Thank you for taking the time to reply. You can also text me if that would be easier. 812-613-0331

Thanks Again
Darren

I bought mine from Jim at Full Performance Marine in Pennsylvania. Great guy and very knowledgeable.

My wife and I just sold our 2017 Yamaha 242 Limited S and we miss it like crazy. However, we are thinking about trying to get a 252S next year. We really like the looks of the blue 252S with the cool interior. We have not put a deposit down because we want to hold off for awhile. After reading about the cancelling of orders and production problems, should we just forget this idea?
We absolutely loved our 242 Limited S and sometimes I thought getting a newer 242 Limited S may be the best option. I plan on going through Stokelys if we put a deposit down on a new one but I will not rule out another dealer that can offer a great deal. I am just confused on what I should do. Sometimes I could kick myself in the *** for letting my 242 Limited S go. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Darren & Traci Kerns
Taswell, IN
The 242 Limited S was a beautiful boat, but if you're in the market for another boat I really think you should look at the 252S, for a couple of reasons. First, used boat prices are so high right now, you're not going to get any kind of a deal on a used boat...most people are looking for full original MSRP or more on newer used boats (e.g. 2019-2020 242s). Second, all the the new accessories, etc. are going to be for the 25 foot series of boats as items for the 24 foot series slowly get discontinued. Buying the 252S helps future-proof your investment by keeping it current (not to mention the new 25 foot series has some sweet upgrades over the 24 foot series).

The way the current market is, don't expect any dealer to offer you a great deal. If your preferred dealer (Stokelys) will sell it for MSRP without exorbitant freight/prep fees, just put down your deposit and wait in line. If you're willing to wait at least another year (probably two), the market might return to normal and you might actually be able to shop around a for a deal.

Either way, good luck with the decision!

Purchased a 252S after looking at used 242 models last summer. Given the small to zero gap between late model used and new, I chose new. Got lucky in that the local dealer had one that was not spoken for so we took it in April.

?Following...

Thank you tkeru408 & Skyhawk for your responses. I must admit that I cannot quit looking at the 252S. I just absolutely love the way they look. I agree tkeru408 that it just makes more sense to get a 252S. The upgrades on the 252S and prices on the newer used 242's Limited S just make a 252S the clear choice.

Thank you all
Darren

Spend the extra and go with the SE - well worth the small price jump.

Spend the extra and go with the SE - well worth the small price jump.
Highly agree with adrianp89 on this one, with the bias of course that we're both 252SE owners!

Plus 1 for the 252se:thumbsup:

Now if I can just get the wife to go along!!

Show her the AR250, then the 252. I was planning on the AR250 but when my wife saw the 252S, she told me to forget the AR and go with the 252.

Anyone have a deposit down on a 252se in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area?

Back