• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Total Trailer Fail - Inspect your Shorelanders

Scoop

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
My 2018 POS Shorelander trailer broke in two!!!! The scary part is the safety chains would not have helped since the break was beyond that point. Everyone - see below photos and inspect your trailer. Just above the cInder blocks in the photo the trailer cracked and bent about 30 degrees. The rear wheels were 1 foot in the air since the front part dropped about a foot. The pictures are showing the trailer after I jacked up the front and put it on cinder blocks.

Totally unsatisfactory for a 5 year old trailer - it could have departed the tow vehicle and went into oncoming traffic and killed someone. Fortunately it broke when I launched the boat at a ramp. My buddy pulled the trailer forward and immediately noticed it. It appears to have broken when the weight of the boat was removed.

The trailer is 5 years old with about 10,000 miles on it.Trailer 4.jpgTrailer 4.jpg

I need to replace the 4-5 foot section that inserts into the main trailer and ends at the folding actuator section. I cant seem to find frame parts for the trailer.

Is there anyway to talk to a human being or at least e-mail someone at shorlander?Trailer 1.jpg

10,000 miles in 5 years ? How far is the boat ramp?
How many hours do you have on the boat ? What did shorelander say did you contact them?

See if you can report it here

My 2018 POS Shorelander trailer broke in two!!!! The scary part is the safety chains would not have helped since the break was beyond that point. Everyone - see below photos and inspect your trailer. Just above the cInder blocks in the photo the trailer cracked and bent about 30 degrees. The rear wheels were 1 foot in the air since the front part dropped about a foot. The pictures are showing the trailer after I jacked up the front and put it on cinder blocks.

Totally unsatisfactory for a 5 year old trailer - it could have departed the tow vehicle and went into oncoming traffic and killed someone. Fortunately it broke when I launched the boat at a ramp. My buddy pulled the trailer forward and immediately noticed it. It appears to have broken when the weight of the boat was removed.

The trailer is 5 years old with about 10,000 miles on it.View attachment 201738View attachment 201738

I need to replace the 4-5 foot section that inserts into the main trailer and ends at the folding actuator section. I cant seem to find frame parts for the trailer.

Is there anyway to talk to a human being or at least e-mail someone at shorlander?View attachment 201739
UH, HOLY SHIT !!!!!

Glad nobody was hurt.

I was about to replace my glavanized 2010 MFI trailer with a painted 2017 Shorelander but now I’m not sure if I should.

I assume you boat in saltwater but I thought that a galvanized trailer would be less prone to it.

Good luck with the repair or replacement. I hope Shorelander covers, for what it’s worth I just made a recall claim on the 2017 via a phone call an email to them and they approved the claim for new fenders right away. I’m the second owner of the trailer.

Just curious, how do you load the boat? Could if powering on the trailer could have added stress??

That bolt hole drill location looks like it added to the failure.

Back