• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Light

Dthorpe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I brought my 212 Limited S in for its first oil change today. When I got home and put in in the garage, I noticed that the tower light was on. Never seen that before. I climbed aboard, both keys were in the off position. I fired up both engines, turned the key off, and the light was still on. I went back and turned off each battery (as I normally do when in storage), and the light went out. How can I turn this light off without turning the batteries off?

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure what year your 212 LS is, but assuming it is a newer one with the 7" Connext screen, with the Connext on, either select the light icon along the top, or push the button with the bulb on it. On the lighting screen, there are touch screen icons for the nav lights, courtesy lights and the anchor (tower) light. You should be able to turn off the tower light there.

Jeff

Last edited:

Dthorpe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks, I'll check that out today.

Dthorpe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
All taken care of thanks! So I pulled the clean out plugs to look things over and noticed there was a rope wrapped around the shaft of the left impeller. From above and below I was able to cut most of it out with a utility knife. But there was still rope in the impeller. After watching a couple YouTube videos, I was able to remove the rear housing of the jet and pull out the rest of the rope. I bolted it back on and used some silicone RTV to seal it. I was a little pissed off that the dealer did not notice this as part of the first service. I had even asked them to be sure the clean out plugs were in good order. They had not even checked that, as there was still water trapped above each plug. Well, at least I learned something.

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Glad you found the rope. Yeah, I would have thought the dealer would find that. Is the impeller still in good shape? No bent or dinged blades?

Dthorpe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Impeller appeared fine. I was actually unable to just pull the impeller out as shown on the videos, but the piece of rope just pulled out easily once I had the housing removed. I used a silicone RTV before putting the housing back on. I think I'm good to go and it was actually good to learn how to deal with a problem that is in all likelihood a fairly common issue.