• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

tower removal?

195Brian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Has anyone tried removing wakeboard tower? wanted to store my 195HO Impulse in garage but even with the tower down I'm still 6" to high. I've tried the usual trailer tricks, but looks like the tower will have to come off.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You'll leave holes.
I don't know how the swivel connections work on those boats but sometimes you can undo those instead of unbolting from boat

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Honestly, You have a number of electrical connections and wires on the tower in the HOI. You have a navigation light wire, speaker wires, speaker light wires, stabilizer cables. Some have claimed the tower is also pre-wired for flood lights.

Why dont you see if the dealer will give you a deal on a new HO with the 250hp engine and call it a day.

Jpseph296

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Are there any facts behind the tower being prewired for floodlights? I'd love to put a led light bar on the tower

ptdavidson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
195Brian there is a cable that runs through the entire tower from one side to the other. This cable is threaded on either end with nuts and washers on the end to act as a "stop" so the tower does no fall to the dash. You should be able to get more length out of the cable by backing out the nuts to drop it lower, but be careful on what it will hit when it goes lower! Try that before cutting out the header on your garage!

hbdrew14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Has anyone tried removing wakeboard tower? wanted to store my 195HO Impulse in garage but even with the tower down I'm still 6" to high. I've tried the usual trailer tricks, but looks like the tower will have to come off.
Were you able to remove the tower? I have the same problem, trying to come up with a quick solution.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I will assume you have a 8ft garage door? When I stored my 195 in Maryland I had 8ft garage doors. My solution was to unscrew the Nav light on top of the Wake tower (there are two wires that connect to the light) and lay the light along with the tow ring on the Bimini top. Lowered the front of the boat with the trailer jack stand as far as it would go (not to the point where the trailer jack stand wheel won't move) and hand pushed it into the garage. I had a 1/2 inch to spare. Also, be careful not to over twist the wires for the nav light. I would turn it counter clockwise several times before re-installing the light.